Dye My Wings Red (Chapter 8)

LONELY GRADUATE..SILENT TEARS

The last two weeks trickled by, I figured I'd just hang out with everyone as much as I could, hoping it'd ease the pain. The separation would be easier, I'd wondered so often if I died young would anyone remember me? I sure hope so, since I was essentially going to die. 

Daston and I had been sitting under a large tree, hiding from the sun, I had gotten overly curious,"Daston promise to answer every question honestly." He nodded looking down at me, I had been sitting in his lap for the past two hours pulling grass. "When you love an angel do you die?"

I had struck a nerve, deepening his breath he'd picked around his choices for answers. "You die. When you love an angel your soul leaves and you're nothing but an empty shell with a heart." I looked as confused as I felt.

"Since I don't get it you should show me." He frowned at the suggestion. He'd rather kill me and destroy the remaining good in the two worlds. How selfish of a prince can he be.

"I won't be the one to kill you." I shook my head, my wavy hair catching glimmers from the sun through the trees. 

"Even if you don't want to, you will. So let's stop avoiding it. I've made my decision." His hand rubbing his forehead like he had a headache. 

"Sonia, you are stubborn, demanding, selfish and clearly suicidal." I punched him in the arm, furious heat shot through my body. Red: it was the enemy: death, hate, fire and destruction came marching in. Thats all I would be capable of bringing.

"Fine stubborn I'll take it, demanding far from it, selfish how so, and suicidal? I think I'd just like to save our worlds like anyone else would." I crossed my arms letting the anger and frustration boil. He was the selfish and demanding one. He was the one being stubborn.

"You would take your own life to save my world, that isn't your job. Okay maybe it is but you've got so much more to live for. Yes suicidal, I don't know anyone who was so willing to give up their life."

"I told you I've made my decision." I was acting like a five year old, but thats how he wanted to play I could dish it right back.

"Fine, but not now." He looked satisfied like he'd needed more time. Time was running out, he was that stupid to believe he could control the beast inside, I'd seen it. He didn't respond to me, he didn't realize that he'd done what he done.

"After the graduation, the next week. I know its sounding a bit rushed but we're running out of options here. There is a crazy killer living inside you and we have to stop it so the seed of evil can't grow." He looked down at his shoes, they were new vans, black and orange, they matched his t-shirt. 

"Fine, you win. You're absolutely right. I just didn't want your first time to kill you." He rubbed my arms, trying to let the tension settle, but there was no way out. Days were ending and soon so would a lot of other things.

What had I known, the seed had been planted for centuries waiting for the right fuel, it had it. It fed off the fear, lies, deception and sin. Daston's fear made it grow, his doubt helped root it. He was destroying himself. To become an angel I'd make the ultimate sacrifice, but it had already been known, written in the books of fate. Destiny would hold its course not revealing the outcome.

==============================================================================

We got home to a pregnant sleeping Tristan, she was on the couch with luggage at her feet. This screamed trouble. My mom tiptoed towards us, motioning for the kitchen. Trent sat at the table with a scowl on his face and a bloody lip. "The old man hit me." He scowled even harder, he kept going on about how he had asked to see Tristan. Her father said,'Oh you mean the whore, you can have her. She is all yours. I don't know anyone by the name of Tristan, she is not my daughter!!!'