Dye My Wings Red (Chapter 4)

DEADLY SECRETS..THE FIRST KILL

I had invited him to dinner, the only reason tonight was thanks to Tristan, she'd keep Trent in check. She was going through my closet looking for something dinner like. "Why can't I wear sweats?" She smacked my hand and smiled a tender smile.

"I know you love this boy. I could tell when you couldn't even look you're mom in the eye. That's how I get with your brother. I want this to be special, I'll handle your brother." She dug way deep in the back, I was hoping she wouldn't find it. "Ahah, you do own dresses. Now put it on." 

I put on a midnight blue pencil skirt dress. She smiled while she was putting on my make-up. I got butterflies while she continued with my transformation. She straightened my hair, it fell longer than it looked, past my shoulders in its natural wave. It fell to the middle of my back. I looked up my eyes popped because of the dark dress.

I walked down the stairs, trying not to fall in my three-inch feels. I came down, and my mother had the water works going. Honey you look stunning. Daston kept staring at me, he didn't say a word, but his jaw was wide open. "You look great. I mean beautiful. Flawless." He shut up, like he'd made a mistake.

Dinner went well, mom went on about old stories. "Honestly I used to think she was going to end up either alone or with Danny. She refused to kiss anyone, she believed that the right guy was out there waiting for her. She'd talk to the moon about it." My mom had one too many drinks and she knew that. Everything went silent, heat boiled in my cheeks. I poked around at the steak and potatoes.

***********************************************************************************************************

"Mrs. Rivers, dinner was delish. You don't mind if I steal your daughter away to watch the moon." There was darkness in his eyes, he'd been fighting with himself all week about the situation. 

"Oh yes, she loves to watch the moon. Have fun I love you." I waved to my mom, he'd grabbed my hand for the first time in two weeks. We walked to the park, "Are you ready?" I nodded and held on to him. His wings spread with fury. We ascended to the sky and over the city.

We ended up at the same spot where I met him. "Why did yo bring me out here?" I was a little annoyed by his attitude for the past week but I'm sure he had his reasons.

We sat there in silence until finally the moon came out, it was blue tonight. "You should run, I thought I could hold it back but I can't. Run!" I stood there behind a tree, I wasn't going to leave him. 

The clouds rolled in, black and mysterious. He threw his head back and howled, his eyes shone blood red, his wings grew and turned dark, to a coal color. He hunched over breathing hard, I stepped back 'CRUNCH'. He saw me, those eyes consumed by hatred. He ran towards me, past me faster and faster. I snuck behind the trees, he killed a deer. 

"The blood of a princess will set me free..."he held his head back, his long hair fell down to his butt. There was nothing left, he walked back to the hill I ran after him. 

"Daston!" He looked at me, but saw through me. I walked up to him. "Daston." He touched my face with his clawed hand. His finger nail, bloody brushing against my face.

"Ahhhh, Princess, it feels like an eternity since I've tasted that sweet blood of yours." I stepped back, slipping, he held me by the arm. "Don't worry, I'll kill you soon enough. I won't allow you to save the heavens. The seed of evil will reign in all three worlds." His voice was raspy and hollow. "Until we meet again." A flash and Daston was falling into my arms. 

I was on my knees, he looked confused, like a child who'd lost his mother. His shirt covered with blood, he had some smeared on his face. "Sonia. I didn't hurt you did I?" I shook my head. I held him closer and cried on him. Daston looked at me finally, the red finally faded in his eyes.

"Daston, that--he--it was the thing that killed me. He doesn't want me to help you. Is this that prophecy." He nodded, like he'd been defeated. "Well if it is I'm not afraid and I won't let you go either." He looked up at me, tears streamed down his face. I grabbed him, he came in closer I kissed him. His wings fanned out. He leaned in touching the grass, it froze under his touch.

"This is what happens when a human has control of the angel, they give us a unique ability. I promised to never love anyone unless they were the one, and Sonia as crazy as it seems I think you could be the one. I love you..." We stood up and under that perfect blue moon, I had kissed my angel. 

**************************************************************************************************************

At home everyone was doing there own thing, my mom had left to bed with a headache. Trent was somewhere and yet he still had the nerve to question my decisions. I was completely capable. I hadn't expected to see Daston anymore that evening, but there he was on the roof waiting for me. 

I unlatched the window and silent and graceful as ever he'd welcomed himself in. "Sonia I can't be with you, if it means endangering your life, I won't have it." He grabbed me and kissed me, I was in, time to find what I wanted to know. Everytime he kissed me I gained access to his thoughts, I had control.

'There, the prophecy:

'When you find a love you must kill them. A beast will grow inside of you, at the first kiss, love bound you will kill. The beast will take hold and kill. But if they make it until the next blue moon, and decide a fate so cruel, save the heavens and take your hand, no harm will come or be undone.'

He opened his eyes and shook it off, "Okay so that's it. I just have to make it until the next blue moon and save he heavens doesn't sound to bad." I was shaking standing there. 

"Please don't." I put my finger to his lip. He pulled me close.

"Don't tell me no, don't tell me what I can't do. I'm not five I can take care of myself. So you just be my boyfriend and I'll be your girlfriend." He put his lips to my forehead and smiled. I felt his cool touch, I felt better being with me. "See you tomorrow. Be here at 7." He jumped out my window and walked home. He was human, or at least had a human heart.

______________________________________________________________________________

I went to sleep, but that scene replayed in my mind. I couldn't wake up, his voice echoing in my ear.

To become an angel you must love them. He wouldn't let me. There was more to it. It had been almost a month that we'd been together. The girls settled down and Jerry, he got used to it. The dance was approaching fast, I didn't have a dress and he hadn't asked me.

Confusion. That's all there was to it when dating an angel.