Dye My Wings Red (Chapter 1)

Can I Call You My Angel?

He flew me home that night, I'd never seen the moon so close, or even been this close to  guy. At my high school guys only wanted quick hook ups and girls who were willing to deliver. My best friend said I was the weirdest person she knew, she called me a Romantic.  A hopeless, loveless romantic, but I was still one. How am I going to explain this to my mother. She would think I was nuts telling her an angel came to me to night. "Daston, uhhh why are you on earth anyway?" My eyes were dark blue, unusual just like the rest of me. 

He stared at me, his were cobalt, I could tell there was a sadness wavering over his heart. "I am here because your prayers summoned me." I blinked, I must have looked crazy, my red hair slapping me in the face, and in sweats. 

"Wait, I was just talking to the moon, I didn't actually expect an angel to fall from the sky, a prince none the less." He held me closer to his chest, as we descended, I was crazy or he was keeping me from getting too cold. "Daston, where are you going to stay? Or are you leaving tomorrow night?" 

He didn't answer my questions, he just kept looking out into the night. There was something utterly strange about this boy.

He dropped me on my porch, "You see that room right over there?" He nodded, with a smile he sat on the roof next to my window. I walked in the door and gave my mom a hug, "Hey mom. Not hungry." I smiled at my older brother Trent, he sneered at me.

"So where were you?" Overprotective, insensitive, demanding, rude, flaky brother of mine had the nerve to ask where I'd been.

"I went across town." I walked up to my room and shut the door, not too soft and not too loudly. I walked over to the window and slid it wide open. I leaned out and looked at the moon, it reflected deep pools of sadness. "So, you came down to cruddy o'l earth to be with me?" I let the question role on my tongue for a while. "Cool. Come on in, I know its cold out there." 

I watched his magnificent wings fold into his back,"If I'm going to do this, its going to be right. I will be human like you." He hopped through my window.

He landed, not a sound, he had a dark blue button up shirt and black jeans. His royal armor he had on had faded. I sat on my bed, legs tucked under my arms, he took off his shoes and placed them next to mine. He sat on the floor and looked up at me, I felt chills trickle down my spine. 

I got down on the floor with him, I crawled over inching slowly. I got close enough to feel his breath on my forehead. I was going to kiss him. I leaned in and phewsh...his wings came back. "What just happened?" My brother barged in on me almost kissing a boy with icy blue wings. "Oh my God...what is this? What is he?" My brother's voice was shrill and high. He took off down the stairs.

"Uhhhhh??" I looked up at him as he pulled out this strange blue card. It had a royal emblem on the back. He threw it on the ground, and disappeared. 

My brother came rushing in dragging my mom by the arm, raving that he'd seen me with a creature. "Mom she was right here kissing this guy, he had wings and his eyes were like ice." I smiled at my brother.

"Don't act coy, what did you do with him?" He ran around searching my room for a boy. "I'm not crazy mom, I swear." he was chasing after my mother. "I'm on to you sis." 

_____________________________________________________________________________

"I uhhhh, what just happened?" He reappeared with the card in his hand.

He sat back down, human again. This would take a lot of getting used to. "Well sorry, not used to human emotions yet. I apologize." He crossed his legs again, I sat back on my legs looking at his beautiful, well "angelic" face. "This is called an angel card, it holds emense powers. But only so much," he placed the card in my hand, it shimmered in the night. "I have a borrowed family, the Canes, three houses down, they think I'm there son. They'll be worried if I don't get home. So I'll see ya tomorrow then?" He stood up and hopped out the window spreading his wings again. He sure did skip out on a lot. "Your brother will wake up fine, he'd think it was a dream. I promise"

"Daston," he stopped and stared at me, "I don't want you to leave me. Please stay with me tonight." I cocked my head to the side, my hair fell in sheets to the side. 

Flying back down, he came in silent and human. "Whatever you wish."

"So its late, you need pjs." As I turned around there he was in his boxers, his clothes folded on the floor. "Oh uhhh, well then I guess I 'll put mine on." I changed in the bathroom, my heart was beating faster, thinking of his body. I came out in my best pajamas, and purple tank and black shorts. I watched his eyes chase around my body.  Heat flushed to his cheeks when he saw I'd been looking at him.

I hoped into bed and patted for him to join me. "No funny business, okay?" I arched my eyebrow another smile. He climbed in and wrapped his arms around me, for a boy who came off so cold he sure had a warm heart.

"Sonia, I was wondering something." I turned over and his hands were pushing me close into his chest. "What were you trying to do earlier, before your brother came in?" I blushed, I could see his eyes scanning my face. I just shook my head and leaned in closer.

"Daston, I have one question." Anxiety washed over me, this was a bad idea. "Can I call you my angel?" There I said it or asked it, but it came out. He started shaking, he was laughing at me.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask me that. Of course, that's more or so the reason I am here. Good night sweet sweet Sonia." He kissed my forehead and like magic I was asleep. 

##############################################################################

I woke up feeling cheerier and happier than I've felt in a long time. I didn't know if what had happened had been a dream or a crazy reality. My mom left a sticky note on my door, I hadn't decide to look over to see if it was real, maybe. No.

Sonii:)

Hey I took Trent to school early, he had try-outs today. Wish him luck. I also won't be home tonight, I have a conference call with a very important business spectator from Japan. Wish me luck. :p Trent will probably be spending the night at Tristan's house. What can you do, he's a lady's man. Lol.

Lots of love, have fun at school, I'll see you when I get back.

Love your caring and considerate mother<3

I looked over and there was a sleeping angel, literally. He didn't leave me, he promised never to leave my side. I had finally gotten my wish. "Daston time to wake up. We have school and you have to go to your home and get dressed." He smiled, before he spread his wings, I pointed to the stairs. "You gotta do it like a human, plus people are up at this time." 

He had his clothes on in a snap and rushed over to me. A kiss on my cheek and he was gone. I held my face, heat radiating from my fingers. 'Sonii what have you gotten yourself into?'

Feelings would have to wait, it was now or never. He smiled, his laugh lines were faded like he hadn't seen a sunny day in ages. His hair was long and messy, but his eyes burned an icy hole through me. He was tall, broad shoulders and a voice that warmed every part of me. I wanted to be his princess.