j

It was 3 am. I was supposed to be sleeping or reading another Colleen Hoover or Agatha Christie's novel and yet here I am, dreading over an exam result.

One of my best friends already got her result, and she passed. I'm so happy for her. But so frustrated with myself coz I can't even open the site.

And since sleep wasn't getting along with me, I went out, feeling the cold breeze. I don't know exactly where to go. But I needed to calm down or I'd have a heart attack.

I went to the nearest 7-eleven. Geez. I'm hungry. I'm already thinking what to buy when I realized I didn't bring money. Oh nice. I just sat at a vacant seat.

"Are you okay?" someone asked.

"I am still not aware of the result of my exam. I can't sleep. I went here without money and I'm freaking hungry. Do I look okay to you?" I lashed out.

"I'm..." he was shocked at my sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry," he apologized as he sat down across me.

"I'm sorry, too. I just had it bad," I said.

"You took UPCAT?" he suddenly asked. I just nodded.

"Here," he handed me a phone.

I was about to ask him then I saw the site. It's opened.

"Geez, thank you."

I grabbed his phone then typed my username and password immediately. Then the freaking captcha! That made me refresh over and over again earlier because the picture for the captcha won't show.

When it loaded, I don't know why but I didn't look at it. I handed back to phone to him.

"Why?" he asked.

"Can you read it for me? I might break your phone so... just walk away if I didn't pass," I said.

He read it. I closed my eyes. I sang 'Save Myself' by Ed Sheeran in my mind thrice. That's more or less 12 minutes. When I finished with the third run of Save Myself in my head, I opened my eyes.

I think my heart just dropped. He wasn't there. Okay. I failed. I guess I am about to cry when he appeared in front of me with a siopao and a bottle of iced tea in his hands.

"Congratulations! UP Los Baños, BS Applied Mathematics."

Oh my goodness.

"For real?"

"Yeah. Here, take a look," he said and hand me his phone.

Oh my freakin' gosh. I really passed in my dream school with my dream course.

"Now, eat. You look really thin," he commented.

I just grabbed the food and ate happily.