g

i was moving on from you when he waltz his way to my life. you two were the opposite of each other. you're cold, he's not. he always give me warm hugs. you're a pessimist while he thinks positively. then one morning came, we were on an cafe waiting for our order when he asked me about love.

"what does it feels like?"

"why are you asking me that?" i awkwardly laughed. "i've never been in love."

"i thought you were in love with him," he said like he was so sure of it.

i was caught off guard.

"have you forgotten that i've read all your collection of poems and proses? it felt like you were so in love."

so i told him things about you. i told him how you're so grumpy every morning, how you like roses, how you make me smile even when your pick up lines were so silly, how you lift up my mood, how you used to be my human diary. i told him all the good things about you.

"then what happened?"

i shrugged.

"you still love him, don't you?"

"i do. i love him because he's my friend," i answered sincerely.

"hmmm?"

"why are you asking me anyway?"

"i think i'm in love," his eyes were sparkling while mumbling those words.

"tell me more."

"i'd rather not."

"why? you don't trust me enough?"

"i trust you more than anyone in this world but i don't think you're ready," he simply smiled and dropped the topic as our food was served.

the following week has been hectic for the both of us. we didn't see each other the whole week so i decided to surprise him. but i was the one who were surprised when i saw a girl laughing beside him. i don't why but i felt a pang in my chest. it was even more painful than when you left me.

then his voice saying he was in love haunted my mind. maybe this is why he said i wasn't ready, because i rely on him too much and i can't bear seeing him with someone else.

is this love? am i in love with him? but if this is love, then i don't want to be in love anymore.

note: i'm planning to write a second part for this one using a guy's pov but geez it's hard to write a guy's pov coz i ain't a guy. i need help.