h

i was so happy. i was contented with my simple life. just me, haku and mata, and of course, my boyfriend. but then life isn't a fairytale.

"haku! mata! good morning!" i greeted. they replied with some arf arf.

it's been a year since we last saw each other. i wonder where he is now? is he okay? does he think about me, too? or i've been already forgotten in his memories?

"haku and mata, don't ever leave me. i might die due to insanity. don't be like him!" i lectured them like they're my real children. if he didn't ghost me, maybe we're married by now! geez enough with those thoughts!

i decided to go out today. it's a sunday, so it's my day off. i brought my pets to the vet and let them stay there as i shop. i was going to enter the bookstore when i bumped into someone. his eyes hypnotized me. i was suddenly drawn to him— like how it used to. seconds passed until i decided to fake a cough.

"uhm, excuse me. i need to buy some stuff," i said as a matter of fact. seeing him again after a year of no communication brought back memories along with my crazy feelings. what a fool.

"can we talk after you buy your things?" he asked.

i just nodded. i know that whatever we're going to talk about was long over due, but i guess we both need it. maybe some closure?

i bought some things first then we decided to talk in a resto. i'm good with fast food but he insisted.

"how have you been?" he asked.

"i'm good. how about you?"

"i'm fine. i know i've hurt you. i'm sor—" i cut him.

"no need to say sorry. i've moved on already," what a great lie.

"no, i really mean it. i loved you. heck until now, i still love you. but i can't. i shouldn't," pain is evident in his voice. he added something in a whisper.

what? the? him? a what? what kind of joke is this?

"are you freakin' serious?"

"i am."

"okay, geez."

"i just want to talk to you so we can part ways without a heavy heart. i know i've ghosted you. but i just did that—" i motioned him to stop then i stood up and hugged him.

"i was hurt and all at first. but as the time gets by, i feel better so no need to worry about me. chase your dreams, future father!"

the hug ended and we just laughed, and laughed, until it's time to go.

— five years later —
guy's pov

i never thought i would see her this beautiful. she really looks good in white, most especially today. she's walking down the aisle, with a veil on her head, flowers in her hand, and soft tears flowing from her cheeks.

she's all smiles despite the tears. she's glowing. her smile gets bigger as she goes nearer.

"you look dashing," she whispered.

"aphrodite's beauty failed to equalize yours. you're just perfect," she chuckled a bit.

looking at her today, marrying someone who's not me hurts somehow. i don't even know why i agreed to this. being the priest to my ex's wedding. i might be drunk when i decided, but i remembered i can't be.

but maybe this is for the best. seeing her smile to him, hearing their vows and all, i can tell that she's happy. and that's all i have ever prayed for, her happiness.