❅H4❅ Brayden Gets His Math Class

Chapter Four

Heather

Brayden Gets His Math Class

Berkeley is a very talkative person. During our time together, she’d been talking almost nonstop. But I liked her. She was really nice and giggly.

We waited five minutes in line to get our raffle tickets, but, an hour later, when the raffle was held, we both ended up prize-less.

“I never win these things,” I mumbled, crumbling my ticket up and throwing it into the trash.

Berkeley laughed. “It’s the same here.”

“I’m going back, now that I’ve done everything I wanted to do here. Do you live on campus?” I asked.

Berkeley nodded. “McCarty Hall.”

My eyes widened in surprise. “Seriously?”

“Yeah. Wait, don’t tell me: You live there, too?”

I nodded.

“No way! Which floor and which side?”

“North tower, floor four.”

“I’m on the third floor, North tower! Oh my gosh, we should totally be friends!” Berkeley squealed. “I haven’t made a new friend in a while, and you seem like an awesome person to be around!”

I laughed. “Sure. I’ve always wanted to make a new friend here. I guess I can cross that off on my ‘to do’ list.”

Berkeley smiled. “I’m glad. Hey, wanna grab breakfast tomorrow morning? The Eight has some decent breakfast there, and it’s just a five minutes’ walk from McCarty. You can come meet my other friends.”

“Okay.”

“Great! Shall we head back together?”

“Yes, please. I hate walking alone in the dark. It’s so scary,” I said.

Berkeley let out a small chuckle. “Tell me about it.”

❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄❅❄

“You live next to Brayden?” I gasped, when Berkeley showed me to her dorm.

“Wait, what?” she said, confused.

I pointed at the door to the left of hers. “That’s where Brayden is rooming.”

“Shit, really?” She seemed happy.

I nodded and went over to Brayden’s door. I tapped on it a few times and then waited patiently for Brayden to answer it.

“Hell—Oh, Heather,” Brayden said, when he saw me standing there.

“Hey. I’m just trying to show Berkeley that you live next door to her.” I smirked.

Brayden peeked his head out. When he saw Berkeley, his lips straightened into a thin line. He didn’t look too pleased.

“Oh my gosh, it is you!” Berkeley squealed, bouncing over to us. “Damn, and I thought Heather was lying to me when she said you were right next door to me.”

“Nah,” Brayden answered, coolly. He was dressed in pajamas. They were a checkered-blue color, and looked pretty fuzzy. I bet they were warm. “Heather sucks at lying. You’d know if she was lying judging by the look she gives you.”

I glared at Brayden, feeling my cheeks flush. “Excuse me?”

“You aren’t that hard to read,” he said, nonchalantly. “Your eyes give everything away.”