❄B55❄ Two Days

Chapter Fifty-Five

Brayden's POV

Two Days

December 12

Heather's been missing for two days now. Two days. I feared for her life. Anything could happen in two days. What if she was kidnapped? What if she fell ill? What if she committed—

No. Don't go there yet. Do not think of that. Stop being a pessimist. She wouldn't do that. She was perfectly fine the days prior to her disappearance.

I parked my car in front of Seven-Eleven and rubbed my eyes. I was exhausted. I haven't slept at all these past few days. I mean, how could I? My best friend was missing. The only lead police had of her was a car she rented from Budget Car Rentals. She had used her credit card for that, a credit card linked to her father's account. However, that didn't provide enough clues for police, so they—and we—had no clue as to where she could have taken off from there. Heather had left no evidence of her departure. Her phone is turned off, too.

What if I never get to see her again? My heart squeezed in pain, and I fought back tears. My phone started to vibrate.

Heart kicking into overdrive, I pulled it out to see who was calling me.

Isabelle.

"Did you find her?" I asked, once we were connected.

Isabelle was silent. My heart dropped. My blood slowed.

"Isabelle?"

"Get to Harborview Medical Center as soon as you can, Brayden," she croaked. And then she hung up.