❅H18❅ At Least I Have A Friend

Chapter Eighteen

Heather's POV

At Least I Have A Friend

October 22

Thank goodness that after noon on Fridays, I have no more classes. Once I got back to my dorm, I literally crashed. Brayden and I hadn't gotten back from our outing last night until midnight, and I had to wake up at seven to get ready for my morning class. Brayden messaged me an hour ago about getting ready for his date with Berkeley. He's apparently taking her out to the Space Needle. I thought it sounded cute and romantic.

My math midterm's on Monday, and honestly, I was feeling screwed to the max. There was no way I'd be able to do well on it when, of the ten or so practice exams I've done, I've been unable to do more than half of what was on it. I wasn't sure what I'd do if I got less than a 2.5 in that class. If I were to get that low of a grade, then I'd get a warning from the computer science department, telling me to pick up my grade lest I want to be kicked out of the department. If I got kicked out of my department, my whole life would be ruined. To top it off, my computer programming final was on Wednesday, and my chemistry final was on Thursday. While I had no fear for my chemistry exam, I did fear, however, for my programming one. Writing more than five programs with only your brain and pencil was complete torture.

I wish I made some friends in my classes. I would've killed for some study buddies right now.

I woke up at 6pm and got lunch from the mini mart downstairs. On my way back up, I coincidentally bumped into Berkeley and Brayden. Berkeley was dressed extremely nice. Her blonde hair fell in ringlets around her shoulders, framing her face nicely, and she had on really nice makeup that made her look like a superstar. She was wearing a short black dress that hugged her hips snuggly, accentuating all the curves on her body.

I gazed at her enviously, wishing I were that beautiful. Brayden had on a light blue dress shirt and black dress pants. I don't think I've ever seen him look that nice before.

I seemed to have apparently lost the ability to speak, because I just stood there awkwardly with my food for a few seconds, gaping at them.

"Hi, Heather," Berkeley greeted. She looped an arm through Brayden's and smiled at me.

"Hey," I said, finding my voice again. "Off to your first day, huh?" I smiled back at her.

"Yep. Brayden's a sweetheart; he booked us a spot at Skycity Restaurant."

"Yeah..." Brayden said, awkwardly. "What are you up to?" He gave me an inquiring look.

"Midterm studying. Have fun on your date, dude," I said.

"Thanks. Um, we should study together tomorrow."

"That sounds nice. I better get going though," I started, when I noticed the annoyed look forming on Berkeley's face. "You guys better start heading over there."

"Right," Berkeley said, pushing Brayden away from me. "Wouldn't want to miss our own reservation, right?"

Brayden rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah."

I shot him a firm look, hoping he got my 'don't-screw-this-up' message. I think he did, because he gave me this 'I-know' kind of look back. Wow, we could now communicate telepathically. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Once in my own room again, I ate dinner alone while doing math. Nearing 9pm, Isabelle came back. We talked for nearly two hours before I got back to work again. I slept at midnight, because tomorrow was a Saturday and I could sleep in.