Chapter 153: Deserving

Nightfall is as usual as another. The bewitching panorama of a diamond dotted dark sky would hold an intrigued stargazer spellbound by his or her beholding eyes.

If an artist can still manage to paint on such a late hour, he would be too distracted by the captivating view of a kingdom surrounded by the windy seaborne air caused by the deep waters of the North Fjord.

Each harbor is currently closed for the evening hours, since all respective cargos of local schooners are successfully loaded within the afternoon by dutiful sailors hand picked by Admiral Arvid of Arendelle. By daybreak, these ships are to set sail for a particular foreign country which is indicated to be one of Arendelle's trade partners.

To reside in this peaceful kingdom would feel like absolute peaceful heaven.

Yes, it may lack the meadows and the usual expectations, but to have the luxury to witness the alluring sight of vividly colored lights, dancing and floating while splayed out in a sea of darkness, will give you no reason to complain so you can live somewhere else.

In a certain ginger's words, the sky is awake.

If you were a creature who could live on top of the vapor clouds accompanying the twinkling stars, you could say that the kingdom underneath your home look exactly at what's up above. But this time, the sky beneath you is with fewer stars since only fewer streetlights remained open to give visible path for night owls.

And one of those conscious souls are the two reigning monarchs of this peaceful kingdom in Norway, where we can get a glimpse of a crackling fire flaring furiously within the fireplace.

Beside the loveseat stood a cherry wood crib painted in flawless white, where two resting precious infants slept the night away under the confines of a lightweight blanket.

The parents of these children, however, seemed to be enjoying themselves in a well deserved reward for having another day cleansed from major errands.

"I think we've earned it, dear husband of mine."

"We're worthy of this, indeed," Aiden smirked, raising his steaming mug to clink with his wife's in victory, "Honestly, you and I are breaking records. We managed to tame ten stacks of documents, ignore an arrogant council member, and wear out the youngest members of the Royal Family."

"Another productive day," Elsa concluded while gladly sipping from the sugary flavor of her hot cocoa.

"We only get a rare chance to be like how we are right now, you know," Her husband couldn't help but conclude, intimately pushing his wife's slender form a little closer to his own body.

"I agree," She hummed calmly.

Aiden sighed contentedly and rested his head against hers with a steady breath, the upper lapels of his robe loosely tied to reveal a bit of the dandy result of grueling sessions of fencing, sprinting and operose push ups.

"Mama's acting strange lately," Aiden randomly notified with a concerned expression, "But not in a bad way, no. It's not that I don't like it, but she's been grinning a lot."

"She's recently radiating the same energy as Anna," Elsa chuckled, "Something big must have happened, perhaps?" She winked knowingly.

"Whatever that certain thing is, it's surely good," Aiden spoke in a jocund manner, "We've been separated the whole day, how's yours?"

"Just the same," Elsa responded with a dull look, "Caged behind my desk, with Kai momentarily placing another pile with clarifications on what I should work on next."

"Nothing livened things up?"

"Absolutely nothing," Elsa tilted her head so she can see his face, "But a kiss might," He caught a playful glint cross her eye.