Unsure

Tap..

Tap..Tap..Kazama's footsteps echoed, he had his head down to his chest, as if he were thinking really hard while Shinchan applied some ointment on his arm (in the insistence of Kazama) he didn't tell him that most of the ointment was applied where Kazama had been gripping him, the skin was quickly starting to bruise and his fingerprints could be seen distinctly.The nurse was not in the office, for some reason, so they had helped themselves.Kazama abruptly stopped in front of Shinchan, looking down at him with an intense glare, that, for some reason comforted him, perhaps because he was so used to it, perhaps he was crazy. He didn't really care either way.He smiled.Kazama's glare softened into an unreadable expression, he huffed out a breathe as if it cause him immense pain to breathe, his hands twitched, he raised them, then fisted them into tight balls then dropped them to his sides.For some reason this sight broke his heart and he didn't know that the other boy's was already starting to. I'm dull, an arse, a know it all and I... I've been a narcissist...and lied to myself.So this time, this time I'll be..Soft arms wrapped themselves around the surprised boy, he looked down to see a mop of black shiny hair, slowly, a bit awkwardly, he wrapped his arms around Shinchan,I'll be...just a little bit braver...He moved down to fully hug the other boy.A little bit more honest....just a little bit less....... snarky.But alas, he was too late. Just a little bit too late. Or maybe he would have never realized any of this if Chika hadn't come into the picture.Who had come up with better late than never? It still felt really awful.He just couldn't decide whether he wanted to be grateful or not. Happy or sad. Here or there.The rain finally stopped and Kazama let go."Let's go back to class"........"The weather report is so untrustworthy" Shinchan complained, swinging his red umbrella threateningly at the rapidly clearing sky.Classes had been dull today, Shinchan hadn't turned around to tease or ask questions-questions that Kazama had no answers to and he was grateful for that.Actually scratch that.Kazama did have answers-just not ones he was brave enough to say-or ones that were appropriate to be said to a taken man-or boy.Suzuki and Masao walked ahead, Nanny and Kazama walked together, they had slowed down their pace on purpose as both of them had business with the other.Feeling the paper in his hand for one last time, he handed it to Nanny.She glanced at it but didn't really bother much with it. They continued walking, Masao started quoting some great Mangaka while Suzuki listened intently, Shinchan rambled on, not really bothering to listen. Not really caring if no one was listening.He shook the papers. Silently asking her to take it Nanny glanced at it again, "why?" she asked.The papers hung between them. Kazama's hand was starting to hurt.He slowly lowered them, because I don't like him.... he's a guy I'm not like THATA little bit more honest....He takes a deep breath in. "He's got a boyfriend, what would he think?"The corners of her mouth lifted into a smile, "oh, didn't I tell you?""They're not together. Chika was after imouto chan all along"Kazama whipped his head around. Eyes wide, breathe elated, disbelieve and hope written over his face."You said the letter was meant for him!" he accused, Nanny's cheeks flushed, "Were all human" she replied breezily, tilting her head in a defiant way."Wait a minute-you planned it all along!""No! Why does everyone think that!?""Are you two coming or what?" Suzuki yelled at them, the three of them had now fallen in step, and were a long way ahead.Shinchan's head hung sadly, he noticed, Masao was trying to comfort him. Nanny and he shared a look, then, with secret smiles, they ran forward, laughing and catching up in no time."She's going to grow up and leave me" Shinchan was saying, Masao said something like "that's really far away"."Is this about our imouto chan?" Nanny asked, wrapping her arms around Masao and Shinchan,"Nanny you're a girl, help me!""What an astute observation" she snorted.Kazama laughed. His heart lighter than it had been all weekAlmost as light as the clouds overhead, Suzuki smiled a satisfied smile.And the five friends walked home, laughing and stepping on puddles from time to time..................."What's that on your hand?" Himawari asked, nodding at the bruise on Shinchan's arm. He grinned, "Tattoo"She rolled her eyes and sat down in front of the television, the grin faded into a soft smile on his face, your fingerprints tattoo'ed on my skin, is it so bad that I keep wanting more and more? More than I can ever have?But why was Kazama being so weird? He'd been weird ever since Chika came along... "It's disgusting" he muttered to himself, maybe he wanted to convert him or something? Not that it mattered. Chika and Himawari were together after all.But then why did you hug me?"Please don't date him, or any other guy or any other girl"He sighed.What are you thinking?.....As the day of the school festival drew closer, Nanny started panicking, "Kazama have you read the lines?" she asked sharply, he sighed, like he had any choice, "yes" he said, she turned back to her food, still a bit grumpy.It was the evening and the five of them plus some other friends were spending it at Kazama's house as they needed to work overtime and Kazama's mom was out of time, they were going over all of their preparations, the art club kids had been bullied by Nanny into helping them and Shinchan had gotten the costumes from their town's ex-Red Scorpion group, (now graduated)."Were heading out!" called the art club kids, they had finished eating and their work (everyone was eating at a different tempo for some reason)"Bye!" everyone chorused and they were gone, leaving the five friends alone."Should we have a sleepover?" Shinchan chirped behind Kazama, appearing out of thin air then he promptly stole a piece of meat from Kazama's plate and ran away giggling."Can't" said Nanny, finishing her last bit of rice, "me neither" said Masao, he was putting on his shoe's Suzuki muttered something like his rocks needing attention.Shinchan's face fell, Kazama and Nanny washed their plates together,"This is a chance" she whispered."No, this isn't anything, gods I so regret being fooled by you"She smirked, "Imagine being thirty and invited to his wedding then realizing how much you liked him""Oh gods""You're welcome"He didn't say anything. She was right, that would be terrible. Just. Terrible. They wiped their bowls and plates with hand towel."C'mon Nanny I'll walk you home!" Shinchan shouted from the front door. She gave Kazama a quick devilish grin before striding out of the kitchen.Oh no"Suzuki and Masao will walk me home, you stay here, Kazama says he's been dying to have a sleepover" She practically shouted, her voice was so loud, Kazama hurried out of the kitchen, cheeks flushing, Shinchan stared at Kazama with an unreadable explanation, "ooh" he nodded his head, to show that he understood."Yees" Nanny nodded her head, she couldn't be more obvious."So stay here" she put on her shoes, "and leave the walking to Masao and Suzuki"she winked and said goodbye along with the other two.Shinchan bid them farewell, Kazama busied himself with cleaning up the table. (Even when it was mostly clean)He sighed, now that he was aware of his feelings, he'd become more snarky and reactive than before, every little thing set him off, if Shinchan got a little bit too close, he's scoot far away scolding him for invading personal space.It was as if his heart was a ticking time bomb, and it was dangerously close to going off right about now."Kazama chan can I use the bathroom?" Shinchan asked, from somewhere in the house."Sure" he replied, smiling, was Shinchan finally growing up? He'd never had a problem with using anyone's bathroom or anything without permission before.