Life. it be like that sometimes

Third POV:

Shinchan arrived at class drenched, soaking wet, from the tips of his hair to the tips of his toes in his equally wet socks.

"Sennnpaii" Chika drawled behind him, "you have to tell me if she likes me or not" he whined, grabbing onto his arm, "I don't know" he said, pushing the boy away with all his might, goodness how could he ever think Chika was an innocent little (ok, not so little) pushover.

"Pinky Promise me!" he said, grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him slightly.

"What are you a ki-"

"Pinky" he pushed his face close, "Promise"

"I wonder if you really aren't after me or wh-" the bell rang, Chika ran away laughing, and Shinchan was left there feeling a strange sort of competitiveness, he was supposed to be annoying and insufferable, and yet, this person seemed to be winning in that category, today, I will annoy Kazama extra hard! He decided, just so he could feel better about himself.

"Kazama Chaan!" He headed over to his seat, and with a wet splat sat down.

"Don't" he said, he had his face turned away, am I so disgusting that you won't even look at me?

"Please don't date him" he said, finally looking over, they stared at each other for a heartbeat too long, Kazama holding his gaze as if he'd never let go, I can never hold his hands, but at least I can hold his gaze.

"Don't date him or any other guy or any other girl" He said, drawing closer with each word.

"It makes me crazy" crazy thinking about you, crazy behaviors, crazy pulse,

"So who should I date then? You?" Shinchan laughed, though he didn't mean to, it's just Kazama coming so close to him voluntarily made him giddy and light headed and being giddy and lightheaded made him laugh.

Kazama turned away with an annoyed huff, "Of course not you idiot!" he said heatedly.

The teacher walked in, and Shinchan turned away with a satisfied smile.

Yep, he was better than Chika, now if only he could get out of these wet clothes life would be so much better.

"Where's Shinchan?" Nanny asked, dragging some poor students chair again, "I don't know, at a date with his beloved Chika" Kazama shuddered just for show, picking morosely at his food.

"Where are Suzuki and Masao?" Kazama asked, Nanny opened her own lunch box, "they have some work with the drama club"

Kazama looked up, he had completely forgotten about that, Nanny looked relaxed which was a good sign, as he didn't think he could handle any more darkness.

Outside, the sky was clearing, a most lovely shade of blue dotted with white fleece, the sky looks best after the rain, he decided on that spot,

"You always have your head up in the sky" Nanny commented.

Kazama opened his mouth to answer but closed it- he always stared at the sky because it was pretty, because when they were five year old and he'd be spitting fire at Shinchan, he'd say "look" pointing at nothing, "there's nothing there!" Kazama would yell, "Look" he'd say again, "There the sky, then the clouds, the trees on the horizon and some kids chasing each other, oh look! Look! A squirrel!"

Or he'd say, "Listen! Did you hear that?" and continue with, "there's the sound of birds, are they squirrels?"

"Shinchan! Squirrels aren't birds! You meant sparrows!"

"Yeah, you can call it that too"

"And you always have your eyes up Shinchan's butt"

"What!? Nanny! No! How could you?" He didn't really know why he was acting so betrayed, because this was obviously such a false accusation? Because it was wrong?

Because he himself hadn't been able to bring himself to acknowledge this fact till now and she's stated it so casually. As if she hadn't just shook his world

He shook his head no, while Nanny nodded her head yes.

BAM! She slammed her palms down on the table, "Kazama Toru, I've been your best friend since kindergarten-we all have been- so don't you dare lie to me" she growled, a mad glint in her eyes, Kazama winced, pissing off Nanny was such a bad idea, but he couldn't just nod his head yes, it wasn't true- he couldn't be- why him, there were billions of people so why him-

He wasn't sure if by 'him' he meant himself or Shinchan. Maybe both.

"He's got a boyfriend" he whispered, surprising himself, where were all the protests? All the speeches of "why-this-can-never-be"'s?

He stared at his palms, long fingers and short nails.

A thud was heard, he lifted his head, (cautiously) to look at her, "Take it or the role goes to Chika" she nodded her head at the sheets of paper on his desk.

They spend the rest of the meal in silence, Kazama reading the papers and Nanny doing her homework, humming a song.

The bell rang and by now the sun was back at the top, everything seemed brighter, even though they only got what light they could from the windows.

He sighed. He wasn't ready for any more of that Chika and Shinchan's PDA.

Nanny shot him a sympathetic look, as if she understood everything all too well.

"IM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND LET GOO!"

"THANK YOUUU!!"

Kazama and Nanny stared at each other, wide eye'd, and both of them recognized the voices.

They stared at the door real hard, until Masao and Suzuki strolled in rolling their eyes and soon, a struggling Shinchan could be seen, trying to get away from Chika.

"What's going on? Is Chika trynna rape Shinchan?" Nanny asked, not all that concerned, "nope, apparently he put in some good word to his little sister for Chika and now they're going out" Masao breathed out in one go.

"So Chika wasn't after Shinchan after all" Masao concluded lamely, Nanny nodded along, a satisfied smile on her face, not all too surprised.

"You set this up didn't you?" Masao turned sharply to her, (he wouldn't have dared when they were kids) "what?" she asked, her face contorted in disbelief, "of course not!"

But Kazama had already tuned out at '****', the monster in his chest uncontrollable. It raged within, like a caged animal, he quickly walked over to the arguing pair and with a surprisingly strong grip grabbed Shinchan and dragged him away from the other boy.

"Ow! Ow! I swear my arms just ripped off" Shinchan complained, and it did feel like it just ripped off, Chika obviously had a strong grip, and being pulled out of that forcefully was just painful.

Kazama turned around and out, passing a very confused Chika without a second glance.

"Where are we going?" Shinchan asked, the grip on his hand tightened, "to the nurse's office, you said your arms just ripped off" he replied, lips pressed into a thin line.

"Be gentle" Shinchan teased because, even though Kazama acted crazily, he still couldn't pass a chance like this.

Their eyes locked, a storm brewing in Kazama's, "oh I will be" he said, and sounded anything but that.

Shinchan gulped.