umbrella

Kazama's POV

sha~sha~sha~ (thats the sound of rain by the way) 

I finished wiping the blackboard and bade goodbye to my classmate who had school duty with me, it was raining and i could smell damp soil and greenness, I breathed deeply and choked when I saw Shinchan at the end of the hall, humming away to some unknown tune. 

My face contorted as if someone had forced lemon into my mouth, ugh, sometimes i wonder if this is fate or God having a good laugh, I turn on my heels and and almost slip to my death when I try to run, I gasp and grab onto air, my arms flinging around like limp noodles. 

"oh, Kazama!!" I can almost hear the smile in his voice. 

Wow god, you really are having a good laugh

My body falls like a limp noodle (just like my arms were before) and I hear his feet growing closer until it stops in front of me.  

A familiar cool hand rests in my shoulder. 

I suddenly remember something- 

the gravity of the situation overwhelms me as with dawning horror I realize I -  

I lift a teary face to Shinchan, "I left my umbrella at home" 

His face that had paled when he saw my face broke into a smile that grew wider and wider until he was chuckling then laughing so hard that he had to clutch his stomach in pain. My face grew hot as I yelled, "what?! whats so funny?!! i would like to see you try not to freak out!!! and its pouring outside!!" 

He suddenly doubles over with fresh peals of laughter, "sorry, kazama kun" he gasps out. 

And then still shaking with laughter he lifts his umbrella, "I don't mind sharing" 

I stare into his black eyes, I had obviously made it clear how annoying he was since childhood, then why ?~ I shook my head and smiled, thats Shinchan for you, he'll go out of his way to help anyone. 

I get up, "Shinchan" 

He gets concerned and moves a few inches away in case I decided to punch him, "Hontoni Arigatto!" I smile, 

A look of shock crosses his face and he stumbles backwards stiffly clutching his heart as if someone had stabbed a knife through it, I furrow my brow at his strange antics, "K-Ka-Kazama chan KAWAI!!!!" he suddenly leaped forward and grabbed me, his one leg lifting backwards in a girly pose.  

Lets just say, I hope you're having a good laugh Big Man. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and leave a comment!