Rain

Another chapter for anyone who's reading this,

Yes I mean you! You amazing . Keep going

(it's in third person perspective again)

Shinchan's POV :

"It's disgusting" echoed in his mind, it's not, he thought firmly. Fiercely. But that didn't mean it hurt any less, he'll come round he told himself, Kazama always came round, no matter what happened or how appalled he was in the beginning Kazama always came round.

Now what to do with Chika.... He was obviously going to reject him, he liked Kazama after all, but being friendly with him wouldn't hurt, and he was also rather immaturely hoping Kazama would react in some kind of way, "it's disgusting" was understandably not the kind of reaction he had hoped for, he sighed, willing the ache in his heart to go away, when he couldn't take it anymore he got up, tangled bed sheets almost making him fall, but not quite, tip toeing down the stairs and sneaking out of the house, he silently slid the glass pane shut.

He looked up just as a particularly strong wind blew, catching his hair and whipping it round, cooling him down. He could hear the crickets chirping, and a frog or two singing along from time to time. Tearing his eyes rather reluctantly from the stars he padded across the soft grass to Shiro's dog house, it was slightly bigger now, he crawled down on the grass and inside the dog house, nudging his dog, Shiro who made some space for him, he was too used to his masters strange habits by now to question them. Shinchan chuckled and stuck his head out of the dog house, "it doesn't smell very good in here" he complained, Shiro growled, half asleep, "fine fine I'll stop complaining" he said softly, then hugged Shiro tightly to his chest.

And it wasn't his fault if he shed a tear or two hundred, or that Shiro was distressed and agitated, it just happened sometimes, like breathing. Like blinking. It was natural to experience pain.

He fell asleep with his heart much lighter and warmer.

"Shinchan!!" rent the air, his mother and father running from room to room and a sleepy Himawari trying to figure out what was going on.

Inside the dog house, the black haired boy clutched Shiro tighter, bordering between the dreamland and consciousness.

"Oh, Harry what do we do?" Mitsi sobbed,

"This isn't the first time he's done it, don't worry dear" he tried to comfort her. The words tasted like lies, yes Shinchan did disappear from his room overnight from time to time, but he usually left a note saying he'd been to Kazama's or something.

"Uh! Damn onii chan! Always creating trouble!" Himawari snapped. Her eyes still half closed, her auburn hair all over the place, before Mitsi and Harry knew what was happening, the glass door slid open with a bang! "OI you shithead! Kazama nii san's here to walk you to school! So get up or I'll kick your butt" she shouted.

"Language" her mother said, though not so sternly, then, "is Toru really here?" she peaked around the corner through the glass door. Himawari turned around to tell her she had made that part up when she saw a shocked and giant guy standing right around the corner, he flushed, eyes at his feet, "I came to pick senpai, umm, he's over there" he said in a surprisingly steady voice, the Nohara family followed his finger, and saw the top of Shinchan's head peeking over the dog house, Shiro and him still asleep.

"I can't believe my mother scolded me in front of my kohai" he said to the aforementioned kohai. "I can't believe you fell asleep in a dog house" retorted Chika, Shinchan laughed, then fell pensive, he would have to do it, it would be simply too cruel to lead the boy on like this, besides, he was missing out in his Kazama time, this was their last year of junior high, who knew where he and his friends would end up next? They would be like dandelions in the wind........each floating apart from the other to grow and grow and grow. Live and live and live.

He took a deep breath in,

"Listen"

"Hmm?"

The words were stuck in his throat.

"Listen......."

"Yes.....I know"

He stopped, staring at the other boy, Chika stopped as well, looking down at him with a would-be serene smile. If only his brow didn't furrow so, his eyes watery. His hair looked soft and light and feathery, a few strands almost falling over his eyes,

"She doesn't like me. Does she?" he asked, almost a whisper.

"Wait-what?"

"Nohara"

".......you forget, that I am a Nohara"

"Oh sorry! I'm so used to calling her that! I meant Hi-hi- your imouto Nohara" he blushed, hiding his face behind giant palms.

"So umm, you don't have to be nice to me out of pity just because you're her older brother, I-I thought if I was chummy with you she would like me more, u-um, I-"

"Stop, stop, stop" Shinchan swung his hands around, not caring if they almost hit innocent passersby, staring at Chika as if he'd said he kept a pet anaconda.

"So that letter was for my sister?" he asked, still feeling unbalanced.

"Yeah" the giant boy blushed even harder, though he did well to try and cover it up.

Shinchan grinned from ear to ear,

"I'm going to kill Nanny"

...............................................................................................................

Kazama's POV

I sat in my desk, alone. Chin resting on my palms.

The sky was grey today and the lady in the weather report had said there would be heavy rain.

So why didn't I bring my umbrella? Even though I knew I would need it.

Maybe I had gone senile, well before old age, or maybe I wanted to soak in the rain, feel it pelt my skin, wash away this crazy, hollow empty feeling. Crazy; this was crazy.

My desk seemed a very interesting place to rest my eyes as I didn't really have anything or anyone to look at, except for the sky. And I was done looking out of the window, it made my neck cramp.

Eventually my eyes rested on the untidy handwriting of Shinchan, one day he had just decided my desk made very good paper and written on it despite my protests.

'Hello hello mike testing-

Kazama chaaan is a Magical Marie otaku!!

I love you~

No you don't, I thought bitterly, you love that Chika brat whom you haven't even known for a week.

Or maybe I just wanted to walk home with him, under that red umbrella, play hide and seek, hold his shivering form close.

The rain fell.

And so did I