12. The Temptation

Start from the beginning

Still possessed by the demons, I get home and walk straight to the bathroom and finish the remains of the junk I had earlier. I then go to my bed and sleep until Aunt Anita wakes me up to have dinner, which I decide to have on my bed itself.

I follow the same routine the next day, but this time I try to control my tongue in front Bianca. Although I'm in my correct mind, her adorable existence still has me contented.

She's being so patient and kind to me when I'm behaving like shit and that makes me feel worse.

The same evening, I try my best not to cry, but to no avail. I'm repeating the same mistakes, over and over again. I'm being unfair not only to myself and my family but also to these people who are almost strangers to me and yet they're here for me.

No matter how much I try to run away from the demons, it always finds its way to keep its clutches on me. And I'm just running in a loop.

'Temptation' isn't a simple word; It can turn a human into a monster in no time and who knows it better than a drug addict.

I lay on my stomach and I cover myself with a blanket, all upto my head. I'm in a state of struggling with my mental agony when I hear a light knock on the door. I don't respond, but I hear the door open slowly. Someone walks inside and I feel some depression on the mattress, just beside my feet.

"How are you, son?" It's Uncle Vishant. "Everything alright?"

I still don't respond.

"I know how bad things could get in one's life. I've been through hell myself. " I listen to him quietly. "At your age, certain obstacles could make you feel like your world is ending. But you know what son? You will face many more challenges in your life and it won't affect you alone. So believe me, giving up and handing yourself to the worst won't help."

"I'm sorry. " I speak quietly after a long minute of silence.

"It's alright."

"Uncle?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't really enjoy being like...like this. But I do this to myself all the time. I... just can't help it. What... should I do?" Fresh tears drips down my eyes, moistening the pillow.

"I know, son. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just try to spend more time with the things you like, socialize with your friends, pray, you'll feel better and recover in no time. Just have faith."

"I'll try."

"Will you please have dinner downstairs with us tonight? Your Aunt has been so worried about you. Why don't you cheer her up?"

"I'll come."

"Alright then, see you at the dinner."

He goes back to the door and is about to close it when I speak again.

"Thank you.. Uncle."

"Anytime, Son."

I feel a lot better after dinner. They were simply very nice to me. I wasn't grilled regarding my behaviour, they were just overly happy to see me there. I wasn't very familiar with the way they are with me.

They remind me of my parents who have always respected me more than I deserve, unlike my relatives, neighbours and several people from church who look down on me like I'm some sort of outcast.

It's not like I don't try to get rid of all these wrong stuff, but I just can't. Nobody knows how much I'm suffering. They only know how to jump down my throat, which has done nothing but infuriate me more, making me much vulnerable to the substances.