Chapter 34

Mitali Jain 

The next morning, as we made our way back to the hospital we were quite anxious, for the psychologist was here and had went through Daksh’s situation. 

When we would ask kaka to tell us more about what Daksh had been through all these days, he would completely ignore us… when persisted, he would say that Daksh has forbidden him from telling us anything. 

It was as if the whole thing was in a big blunder. We were trapped, the gated almost invisible, and the doctor being here though was a ray of hope, yet it was quite light to make our way through the dark path on which we were walking. 

As we reached the hospital, with Jai and veer discussing about some stuff which we weren’t yet made aware about, I fell back with Shakti, who had been in her own thoughts and world with the bodyguards as usual following her trail. 

“When this whole thing gets over, I want to come with you to your home.” I said. 

“You mean the Palace… it’s not my home, may be Ray’s but not mine.” Shakti gave me that weird look which I, for the first time I was unable to read. It somehow reminded me of the Shakti whom I had met in our earlier days of friendship. The days when it used to be so difficult to crack her up! 

“Has it got to do with a certain prince that I know?” I fired back. Her steps halting with my mere statement surely gave me a whole lot of ideas, but the way she turned around and let out a laugh it made me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. 

“My dear, you aren’t aware about how many Prince do you actually know in total. First get your facts checked.” 

And then she was off, with the heard of those stupid heavy bodyguards behind her. 

*** 

The atmosphere near the doctor’s cabin was so thick that it felt uncomfortable for me to go ahead. Though our parents decided it was best to stay at the villa, my mom and Jai’s had strictly warned me and Shakti to be with the boys. 

They weren’t in the right kind of mindset, but surely they weren’t irresponsible and unaware as to how it was that they were to behave? 

In fact at certain point it scared me, what if I acted irrationally? 

Shaking away my thoughts, I slightly knocked onto the door of the cabin and pushed it, the door swung smoothly, as I walked in to be greeted by the three hefty men seated on the chair, followed by a female, who it seemed was Daksh’s doctor, and then my eyes took in Shakti, who stood there, a weird look had now married her face. 

  I entered the room and walked towards Shakti and stood by her side, as Jai then smiled at me and said, “Mitali, I guess you know her, she is Daksh’s psychiatrist.” 

My eyes ventured towards the last chair, the girl seated beside Jai, now finally had a face, as she looked up from the files. And the moment our eyes met, I felt as if relief had somehow flooded throughout my being. 

“Tejal” I breathed out in relief. It was as if I knew that now that she was here nothing could ever go round. I had a guarantee that Daksh was surely in right hands. 

“Hi Mitali, you okay?” she asked. Her voice as always held that tenderness with which she would ask me such questions. 

“I am, please continue with whatever you had been doing, it’s been a while now.” 

With a small nod, she continued to further read the file, as I felt Shakti taking hold of my hand and giving it a small squeeze. I didn’t look at her, as my eyes were strained on Jai’s frame.