Chapter 16

Mitali Jain

Drama, Suspense, and being psychotic wasn't something that had ever been in my life. I had always had a normal, fun going and charming routines, other than the abrupt attempts of our long lost relatives who would show some interests in our life, or my results getting announced, or with the rising prices my pocket money getting reduce a few currencies.

That was when I didn't have really a three letter word in my life, and pretty much it wasn't a Guy, rather a Job.

It was all fine, everything was good, until this fine Job of mine, which I still love to the moon and back made me stumble into Daksh's presence, than my Brothers Job that led him and me closer to Daksh, Jai and Veer.

How chaotic it was, if I were to sum up my past month since both of us siblings had began to work, I would say – I got a new friend who seemed to be so understanding and amazingly cool that we had hit it off immediately and more understandingly than I and Shakti ever did; than it was the second time in my life I met a Royal, alas this one had its protocols intact; then there was this stupid Guy who made me nervous, gave me jitters and Claimed to love me.

So much to think I might be able to enjoy my life peacefully!

My eyes wondered off to the mouthwatering food that was set in front of me, and then to the three men who seemed to be settled comfortably in their own little world.

"Bhai, what are you guys thinking?" I asked; a heavy feeling had nestled into my heart at their grim expression.

It was true that the theories and situations that we matched a few minutes ago, gave a very wrong impression of Daksh, but then there also the fact that each one of them knew him for years, I believed in him as well no matter what he did.

And if I was not wrong in understanding my brother, than I had to say, rather than accusing him, being offended with whatever Daksh had cooked up, they were worried about him.

Worried there might be something wrong with him and they couldn't even depict it. And somewhere it surprised me as I harbored the same feelings.

"Mitali did he said anything amiss this evening when the two of you met?" Naveen asked, and quickly I tried to recall all the conversation that we had.

"No, it was just like we always had, the two of us joked about you, my job, than the painting, nothing amiss... Bhai is it really worrisome, maybe he would have mixed up the situations or he would have mentioned it to me but I might have not heard properly." I tried to reason out; my eyes would linger on each of their face, measuring if any of them were even close enough to be convinced by it.

"Mitali, Arundhati Aunty and his dad are a very sensitive topic for Daksh, he won't just let it out, and you aren't that careless to ignore things like that." Jai commented.

And once again, I had to agree with them. It wasn't a small thing to mix me and his mom in a similar place, and I wasn't that careless to mix his mom with some other person. And just like that after all this conversation we were back to that one question which Veer voiced out for the first time this evening bringing it to the lime light.

"Than what could possibly be the reason... why would he give two different reasons to us?"

****

"Mitali, you need to stop thinking about it, Jai said right that he will be talking with Daksh about this than why are you so stressed out about it?" Shakti asked.

Once again I was back to this heavenly corner of the Khayali Adda, with Rey's best milk shake and Shakti's special sandwich right in front of me.

"I am worried for Daksh, I had called him in the morning but he isn't answering nor did he reply to my messages, and that's not it..." I took a deep breath and looked up at her and said, "This morning I submitted my proposal for the exhibition, I just hope this time it would be accepted."