Chapter 9

Daksh's POV

Adored in the most beautiful sari that I had always loved to see her in, there she stood the person who had stolen my dad's heart at the wee age of 20, had given birth to me and had been the person to whom I had always turned to get advice.

With steady and light steps I made my way towards her, though I had various experiences of failing to sneak up on her I had always stick to this little mischief; with the delightful knowledge of the smile that would adore her features.

With just a few steps astray, I saw her settling the knife with which she was working as she spoke, "You can give up on it now Daksh, come help me with preparing the food."

"You know you should at least try and let me win for once?" I asked, finally giving up on my task and hugged her from behind.

My hand that had earlier failed to even reach around her legs would now engulf her in the most protective embrace.

My mom, the only person who had been my escape from this whole world, she was the one who would make me smile in the most darkest of clouds, she would know the best way for me, she is basically the reason my life existed.

"So what brings you here today?" She eyes me with suspicion as I fidgeted with things around me. My hands did trembled a bit, as I scratched the back of my head and took hold of her hand, feeling her presence and looked down.

It didn't take even a minute for her to make me look at her as she raised my chin with the help of her forefinger and thumb.

"What is it Daksh?" she asked, her eyes sending out all the love that she had in for me.

"I met her Maa, I think I have finally met her." I said, my cheeks heating up a bit as I tried to shy away from her. But she knew me better, as she made me look right into her eyes and asked,

"If you did than what's the problem?"

"I don't know Maa, it feels as if she would just go off in the air even if I walked a bit closer to her, she – "

"You know Daksh," she took hold of my hand and smiled at me once again and said, "If you think she is slipping off your hands, its time you held on to her tightly and confess your heart. Nothing is more powerful than the heartfelt words."

Patting on my cheeks she walked out of the room, while I sat there, my eyes following her steps and my diary in my hand.

***

Mitali Jain

"Why, don't you like it that I am here?" Standing up from the sofa, I as well made my way toward the window and stood beside him, overlooking the busy roads of Mumbai.

"No... I, it's not easy to"

"Jai, it's true I do not have feelings for you, how can I when I don't even know you properly? But then there is one thing I know, you are a very nice man, Jai, if it's okay with you, I would like to keep on meeting you, may be as friends or say anything, I would like to know you as a person."

I waited for him to say something, but he laughed, "Trust me when I say this, never had I thought the person to whom I would say that I love you, would ask for my friendship."

It was ironic but as well funny. I was basically friend-zoning him after he confessed his feelings for me.

"How about a coffee?", I asked trying to muster up the best puppy dog eyes as I could.

"All right, let's go."

****

Walking inside the doors of Khayali Kithabh I once again let out a huge sigh. Walking towards my favorite table, I saw Shakti asking Rey to make my usual as she went off to look for the other customers.