*Chapter Two

*Chapter Two*

I woke up. I guess I fell asleep in Ashton's arms, because when I woke up... He was right there, behind me. Cradling me in his arms. I saw his eyes slowly open.

He looked at me. He smiled. Oh my gosh... His SMILE!! Ugh... It makes my heart like melt. His hazel eyes were just, staring into mine. I smiled back. We just stared.

"You're still here..?" I asked. Trying to stay awake.

"Of coarse. I wouldn't leave until you want me to leave." I looked up at him. Then I just snuggled in his chest. He put his hand on my head. And petted my hair. I felt so peaceful. I'm glad I ran away... Because if I didn't... I would have never met him.

"Jess, I have to tell you something"

"Of coarse. What is it?"

"Listen, ever since I could remember.. I had people or the people in my life always left.. I was mostly on my own.. And which is why I've been to so many homes.."

"I understand.. Not fully though.. Considering... I never knew my family..."

"See, like I wouldn't call.. Me knowing my family... They were both alcoholics.. It's like.. They never knew I existed... One time.. I believe last year.. I was 16. I went to the liquor store to buy some energy drinks, with the friends I found on the street, I saw my Dad, buying beer. He looked straight at me.. And left. It's like.. He didn't even know it was me.."

"Oh. Ashton.. I'm so sorry."

He looked down. It seemed like he was trying his best not to cry.

"It's fine, I found ways to cope with it, my last home, I tried cutting at least twice a week.. It didn't work... It went from that to five days a week. What about you?"

"M- me?"

"Yeah. What have you done besides run away?"

"I don't think anything.. Honestly.."

He shook his head up and down. He looked at me. I looked back. He smiled.

"Wanna get some ice cream?"

"Sure." smiled again.

He smiled back. And we got up. And walked to the ice cream place down the street.

"So have you had a relationship before?"

"Well... Not really.. But I've seen it.. All around.. Have you?"

"Twice."

"Wow. Mr. Player over here"

We both laughed.

"Yeah. The first one had blond hair, and light blue eyes.. We dated for awhile.."

"So what happened?"

He looked at me.

"I'm getting there... Gosh.."

He smirked after that. And we both laughed.

"She left because I wouldn't run away with her.. I told her everything. I remember cutting that night, when we broke up.. And she was gone the next day.. The second one had Brown hair, and brown eyes. She was beautiful. We were together for the longest time. But you see.. She was suicidal... She hated the world. I always told her.. Everything will be alright. You just got to
Hang on. But she said everyday got worse. She cut also.. And one afternoon.. I was coming home from a sucky school. I found a note from her. It read:

"Ash,
Listen, it kills me to tell you this in a note.. But I want you to know I love you... But the pain has grown deeper.. I was fighting.. I've been fighting.. Please don't be mad. But.. I lost my fight tonight... You were the best friend I could ever have. You always told me, that everything will be okay... But.. Ash.. I've been in a lot of pain.. It's time to
Be at ease... And not in pain.. I love you so much...
Bye.

- Lila

"I flipped. I punched the walls all around me. I ran to her house. Her parents wouldn't be home until night, like always.. I ran to her house. Her front door was open. I saw her lying on the floor, covered in her own blood. It dripped from the tub to floor.. She was out.. I screamed. I tried getting people.. They got to the hospital.. Her parents showed up.. They blamed me.. The doctor came out.. He told us that she passed.. I collapsed on the ground... Crying.. My shirt stained from her blood.. It was awful.."

I didn't know what to say.. I mean, I don't cut, and I'm not suicidal... What can a person say..

"Jess... I need you to promise something.."

"What?"

"You will never.. Ever cut.. Or try to kill yourself."

"Um.. I promise."

"Good."He tried to smile.

I did a fake smile back.

Afterwords.. I went back home.. All I could do is just think about his story... It was so sad... I tried to sleep but I couldn't... They tried giving me dinner... I told them no. 4 o'clock came..
I finally fell asleep. And I had to wake up at Five... Great..

Today. Is the first day of my new school... Let's see how this goes...