A Girl On Her Own

* Prologue*

*Jessica's POV*

"And where do you think you're going!"

A cop yelled running after me, as I ran way down the street, from the home I was placed in, not even two days ago.

He immediately grabbed my arm, once he caught up to me.

"NO LET ME GO!!" I yelled. Trying to get out of his grip.

"No. You're going back to another group home young lady!" He yelled in my face.

He grabbed me. I kept trying to get out of his grip. He called for back up, and brought me back to the station.

I sat there in the cold metal seats.

"Great. Another home..." I mumbled to myself. Trying to get comfortable.

"Alright. Let's go."

The officer glared at me.

This was the 25 foster home, or group home I've been placed in since I've turned 9. Yes. I know what you're thinking 'did you really go to that many homes' well to answer that yes. I did.

When I turned 9 I was tired of going to home to home. I've been in a home since I was born. I never knew my parents. I don't even know if there alive...

But after I turned 9 I decided. I had enough. I ran away every chance I got. But most of the time I got caught.

Now here I am. Going in the back of a car... Going to once again .. Another home.

**

I got out of the car. I stood in front of a large house. Two people came out. The 'Mom' had wavy blond hair with blue eyes. She was slim, and had tan smooth skin. She was wearing a baby blue knee length dress, with baby blue high heels. She had all sorts of jewelry on.

The 'Dad' Had dark brown hair, and also had blue eyes. With tan skin. He was wearing Jeans and a T- Shirt.

I stared at them. They were looking at me. Smiling. Smiling ever so politely. The cop reached them. And smiled. Pff.. Faker...

"Good evening" he said with a smile.

"Hello. And you must be Jessica." The woman said to me.

I gave her a pinched smile. And nodded my head. Then the cop glared at me, and they told me I could wait on the steps.

There was a few moments when they all stared back at me... I know what the cop is talking about. Or shall I say Bill is talking about. Bill was always the one who caught me.... I hate him.

After well I don't know.. An HOUR of waiting. They showed me around. It was a nice home. They ended with my room. It was huge.

I stared up and down. There was a queen sized bed. With this princess(y) crown head board. And my walls were pink. And all girly. I had a white comforter with a pink throw blanket. And all around there was a vanity, full sized mirror... Woah.

They left the room so I could get settled. I went by the full sized mirror and stared at it.

I saw a slim girl with Tan smooth skin. With brown embre hair. My bangs were from one side to the other. But layered. My hair was up in a bun. I was wearing a black leather vest/sweater thing and leggings and boots with a scarf, also with mittens. Mostly because it's winter.

My blue eyes, that were like the ocean piercing through my own reflection. Suddenly the next thing you know... The 'parents' came back...

"Now I'm not sure what you like, but the system told me that you were usually in a small or medium." The 'mom' said with a polite smile.

"Everything is fine" I said with a fake smile. I wasn't going to be there for long anyway. I'm leaving tonight... But I can pack some.. Of the clothes..

She smiled. And then nodded. They walked out again.

"I know this is hard Jessica.." She turned around facing me.

"But you can get through it" she smiled. Again.

"Thanks. I doubt that." I sat on the bed. Criss cross apple sauce. And glared.

She looked upset. Then shut the door.

I then packed. I took a bag and packed. Tonight. I'm leaving. And this time... I won't get caught.