Chapter 4

*Chapter Four*

So it was finally the weekend, Ashton and I were mostly just going to hang out at my place or BEG my so called "parents" to let us go for a walk or something.

Honestly, every time I thought about Ashton, I thought about his exes too.. Especially the one who committed suicide... I mean who is so cruel to put someone in so much pain that they think only suicide is the only answer... I mean it's sickening.

And people say talk about it. Are you serious!? If they talk about it... Everyone finds out somehow and it worsens.. I don't know... It just makes me so mad...

'Flashback'

"CRASH" "BANG"

"What..?" I got up, and walked down the hallway of Miss Melody's Home for Girls.

"Laura...?" I saw Laura, my best friend holding a piece of glass from the bathroom mirror. Her long brown hair all tangled up. Crying, her eyes were all puffy from crying... But the tears made her eyes more blue.. She was covered in her blood. And a very blurry line of blood went from the top of her wrist down her arm.

I screamed. She was my best friend. I was only seven, I didn't understand why... Or What happened..

"LAURA!!"

"Jess....?" She whispered so quietly, I could barely hear her.

"LAURA! It's going to be okay! I promise I'm going to go get help!"

"NO!" She shouted I didn't know she could yell.. Well so loud...

"Why...!? You need help! I need you Laura" I sobbed.

"Jess... You'll be fine. 'sigh' 'heavy breathing' promise... Promise you will live a good... Life... And... Promise.. 'More heavy breathing' you'll never... Forget me...." I saw a tear run down her cheeks..

I sobbed.

"I promise..." I said crying. I held her hand...

Next thing you knew, she was getting wheeled into the ambulance and, we went to her funeral.... It was.. Awful...

'Present Day'

"Hey Jess." Ashton said with a smile.

"Hey." I said with a less smile from going back to that memory.

"You okay?"

"Hm? Oh! Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine, just school, ugh it's awful.. Haha"

"Haha yeah I bet, so... Your house?"

"Sure." I said with a smile.

"Okay cool." He looked down and blushed. It was.. Well.. Cute. Haha.

After a few hours, Ash left. And then my "parents" called me down for dinner.

"So Jess, how was school?" Sarah asked while cutting into her stake.

I stared blankly at mine.

"It was good." Dan kept staring at me... It was getting creepy...

"Can I help you..?" I said obviously acting annoyed.

"Nope." He said looking down at his plate, then going back to eating.

"Okay...... May I be excused..?"

"Of coarse! But Dan and I are going out tonight, so we will be home late." Sarah said staring blankly at me.

"K..."

I went upstairs and plopped down on my bed. I seriously hated it here... I think I would rather stay in this room... Yeah I like that idea. I'll only come out when Ashton and I go out, for school, and... Nope that's about it.. Okay.. That's a good plan....

It was 2:00 in the morning, it was Saturday. I woke up, to see Dan staring at me angrily....

I wanted to say something but... I couldn't... He whispered in my ear...

"If you ever! Talk to me in that tone again I will make your life a living nightmare, but I will give you a preview of what it will be like if you do it again... Just make sure you think of it 10 times worse."

He grabs my arm and starting hitting me, kicking me, pulling my hair.. Finally he stopped. And whispered in my ear again...

"You've had a preview next time will be much worse.. I've warned you..."

He left... I sat there... On the floor... Crying... I couldn't tell anyone... It's better if I just keep it to myself... That way... I won't get people sucked into my problems.... Now... I know for sure.... I'm not leaving my room... Unless I truly have to...

A.N.

Hey guys!! I'm soooo sorry!! I haven't updated in awhile... :/ but I'm back! I'm hoping to get a lot done. But I would LOVE to to hear comments from you guys. Do you think Jess is right? Is it better to talk about those types of things...? Or just keep it inside....? If your wondering... Laura was Jessica's best friend. Jess was seven and Laura was 13 they were 6 years apart, but they felt like they were sisters. She WILL be coming back in the story. And Dan...? What will happen...? Do you guys think Sarah will find about the real Dan..? And also the guy in the picture is Dan.. Welp comment for ANY questions I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!! Byyyee!!! ❤💖️💜💚💙💛💋😊😘