Chapter 14: Double Encounters

Start from the beginning

San. He finally found them. He was about to fight back but when he finally had a clearer vision of the angel he's after, he stopped struggling. He became mesmerized by Gabrielle's angelic beauty. It was like it's the first time light has shone over his dark life. His lips parted, still not believing for seeing someone this beautiful.

"Who are you? You're a ghoul, right? A first-rate?" Gabrielle queried, when San didn't answer, she pushed her arm further to his neck. "Answer me."

"Yes, I am. You are Gabrielle, aren't you?" He asked, his gaze never leaving her.

Did he know?

"Why are you following us?" Gabrielle doesn't want to ask because her suspicions are getting real.

"Why do you think so? I'm after the man you're with. He's ours, as well as the other six men." San replied sternly while Gabrielle's lips parted, her heart skipping a beat. "H-How?"

"How did we find out?" He looked at Gabrielle deeply, a smirk forming on his lips. "You should've made sure no one saw you when you killed the snake."

Gabrielle was in complete shock. Someone was there other than the snake and it has reported everything to the King. They already found out about this.

When Gabrielle's force to San's neck loosened, San walked away from her to the side. He looked at Gabrielle amusingly but her beauty just keeps on stunning him. He could kill her here and now but he didn't. He couldn't. He cleared his throat, getting Gabrielle's attention.

"Hand me that man. Hand me the rest of the men." He began. "And I won't kill you."

She looked at her like he's grown two heads. "You must think I'm easy and I'm afraid to die, right?" She scoffed. "You have to go through me before you get them."

San nodded his head, hiding his smile and amusement at how strong-willed this angel is. "I'll give you time to think about it. No force and no blood will be shed."

"I don't make deals with ghouls." She crossed her arms. "If you come near them, I won't hesitate to kill you."

San laughed as if she just said it was an easy task. Gabrielle knew that too that's why she didn't try to fight him today in the supermarket. He's not that easy to kill, their little fight a while ago showed it. He's a first-rate ghoul after all.

"Don't laugh at my words. Keep that in your mind." She sneered at him before turning around to leave. San was left alone, astonished at their first encounter. He was ordered to kill her on the spot, but why couldn't he do it?

"Gabrielle!" Keonhee called out while he was walking around with the shopping basket within his hand. Fifteen minutes were up and she still hasn't come back. This worried Keonhee instantly. If the man she followed was a ghoul, then things won't be good. He remembered the incident at his condominium, Gabrielle fighting with a snake.

He continued to walk, turning around corners after corners, still calling out her name. People were looking at him but he ignored them. Even if Gabrielle was fighting, there was no way they'd notice it.

Keonhee made another turn and finally saw Gabrielle walking alone. "Gabrielle! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He rushed towards her and checked for any wounds or bruises. Gabrielle's knees weakened when she was finally in front of Keonhee. Luckily, he caught her.

Gabrielle was hiding it. Her nervousness. She feared for the King to find out about this and now it happened. She even got to face a first-rate ghoul. She could have possibly died there if San didn't make a deal with her. She was seriously caught off guard to defend herself at that time.

When Gabrielle didn't respond, Keonhee lifted Gabrielle's chin. "Darling?"

Gabrielle looked at Keonhee. He's fine. She's fine. All is well. She stood straight and gave him a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not hurt."

"What about the man?" Keonhee asked. "Was he a ghoul?"

She nodded. "Apparently, he was a first-rate ghoul. He's not that easy to beat and I guess I'm lucky that we didn't fight here. We just.... Talked."

"What did you talk about?" Keonhee's curiosity was growing.

"About surrending you and the rest of the guys." Gabrielle shrugged her shoulders. "But don't worry. I told him that he still has to go through me before he gets you. I'm your strongest guardian angel after all."

"Silly. Even if you're the strongest guardian angel, you're still a lady in our eyes. When he comes at you, we're here to protect you too." Keonhee patted her head and Gabrielle smiled. She remembered what Ravn told her at the balcony.

"Thank you, Keonhee." Gabrielle smiled as she felt comforted by him. She decided to think positive.

It's not the end, but things will surely be different than before. And she'll handle it right this time.