Chapter 14: Double Encounters

Start from the beginning

Gabrielle rolled her eyes as she wiped off the ice cream on her mouth. "Darling, your wifey may be praising other people but my heart is still yours, okay? Even if the world gave me millions of Yeosangs, I'd still choose you."

Keonhee's lips parted as he listened to Gabrielle's words, completely surprised. He was well aware that this is all an act, but he couldn't help but feel the sincerity of Gabrielle's words, because she really meant it. It wasn't only meant for Yeosang and Yoojung but, when she said those words, she would really choose Keonhee over Yeosang. She knew his past and his present character but she accepted him and offered to change him.

When he didn't answer after her sweet talk, she shoved a spoon of her ice cream towards his mouth, bringing him back to reality. "Goodness, Keonhee."

Yoojung looked at them and let out a small smile. They were indeed so happy and in love, she thought.

After the double date, the couples went to their separate ways. The tension Gabrielle was trying to build disappeared since she was actually enjoying with them, and seeing Keonhee calm and okay assured her that there's no need for any heavy atmosphere.

While Grocery shopping, Keonhee stopped walking, making Gabrielle stop too since her hand was holding Keonhee's. "What's the matter?"

"Thank you, Gabrielle." He smiled at her. "Thank you for being there with me. I have confirmed that I don't love her anymore."

I don't love her anymore and I have found someone that I'm going to love once again. And it's you standing in front of me, holding my hand like how we met for the first time.

Gabrielle smiled at Keonhee before patting his head. "I'm glad to hear that, Keonhee. I'm so proud of you for facing your past."

"Can I hug you?" Keonhee shyly asked, his eyes looking away. Without a reply, Gabrielle hugged him by his waist. Keonhee smiled as he hugged Gabrielle too. "I was able to face it because of you. And if I didn't face this, I would always believe that I still love her until now."

"Told you, I'd help you--" Gabrielle abruptly stopped speaking when she saw someone at the end of the grocery shelves. She could pass it off as a normal citizen but the way the man looked at them was off. Gabrielle acted normal and tiptoed to reach Keonhee's ears.

"Don't look anywhere, okay? Someone is stalking us." As soon as she said the first statement, Keonhee whipped his head around the supermarket. "What!? Where!?"

It alarmed the man so he decided to walk away. Gabrielle sighed and went back to her feet. "Nice job, Keonhee."

"Sorry."

"Stay here for a while. I'll be back." Gabrielle walked away, leaving Keonhee nervous. "Be careful. I'll wait here for 15 minutes and if you're still not here, I'll find you."

Gabrielle didn't hear him since she already ran ahead when the man started walking faster. They turned around different paths. This time Gabrielle concealed herself from everyone, also to confuse their stalker. When they turned around the corner, the man looked back and they both made eye contact which caught Gabrielle off guard. She was surprised at how he could see her when she already concealed herself.

Her instincts told her that this was a ghoul. She chased him faster and went to the opposite way to trap him. They reached the corner of the supermarket. When the ghoul was about to turn, he came face to face with Gabrielle who quickly charged at him.

They both fought without catching anyone's attention. Gabrielle was even surprised at the ghoul's strength.

Gabrielle pushed him against the wall, her arm strongly placed at the base of his neck. The ghoul's hat fell off, exposing the pie-chart like hair of his.

The 7 Deadly Sins: The Cursed || Oneus FFOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara