16. Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

Jungkook fazed, his lips remain zipped as he doesn't know how to react with the new information. This is the first time he heard about it and the first time his father have spoken up this kind of sensitive issue.

" So if you have nothing to say that is going to be helpful, don't speak. " His father says, voice almost begging though his face showed different emotion. Jungkook was about to drop the argument and just let it go when his father suddenly confronted Jin. " And you, get out! " He shouted startling Jin who happened to be listening to them.

His mouth went agape in shook. " Eh? " While blinking, struggles in absorbing the words in his system. He was on the verge of sobbing for his father but then, thesame person is kicking him out.

" I said get out. What are you still doing here? We are talking about some personal FAMILY matter. Why are you listening? " He rasped, making sure to emphasize the word that would slap Jin in the face. " Or so after embracing your sexuality, do you really think you can still be part of my family? I already disowned you. I am not going to take back my decision. "

" Father, stop i- "

" Jungkook don't. " Jin stops Jungkook from his attempt to defend him against their father's harsh statement.

" Hyung. "

He shakes his head to assure Jungkook that he got this. " You don't have to remind me this everytime you see me. I know you disowned me, I will never forget about that. " He heaves a deep sigh, as his shoulders dropped. " I didn't mean to listen, it happened that I don't know how to leave the room without interrupting you both. I feel so awkward, okay? "

" Oh, so we should be thankful to you for being considerate? Is that what you're trying to say to me? " He scoffed, lowkey chuckling at Jin in mockery but the veins on his neck are visible, signifying that Mr. Jeon is angry. " You could have left and I wouldn't even notice that you are already gone. "

Jin smiles faintly. " I know that. " He always reminds himself about even memorized it. But why it still hurts? And it hurts more to hear it from his father's lips. He felt the pang in his chest, suffocating him that he could hardly tolerate the pain. " You didn't care. You never did. " The memories when he was fighting with his depression and been longing for the love and acceptance from his family, flooded his head. There's big hole created inside his heart, a big part of him is missing. And until now he can't find peace and happiness. A hole that only his family can fill.

He misses them. They are too close for him to reach yet too far to hold.

dT_Tb

" How can you expect me to care for someone like you? Why? Did you ever choose us? No, you didn't! You chose a random gay over us. After being selfish, you wanted us to accept you again with our both arms extending widely for you to throw your body back to our embrace?! Hah! You should know better that we are far from that. Whoever left, can never return to his original place. " Mr. Jeon grumbles, trying to sound reasonable.

" I never left. You pushed me away Father. You forced me to stay away, threatened me to never approach Jungkook. " Jin cried out, tears are leaking out from his eyes as it flows down to his cheeks, and while gasping for air. He felt helpless.

" And you believed it? So if I am going to tell you to kill yourself, you are going to do that?! "

" Yes! I will! " Jin shouted back. He's tired of pitying and hating himself. He did work on that, even undergone therapy. All these years, he thought that he finally outgrew the feeling. But reality now hits him like a dump truck, he is still the boy 6 years ago, weak and fragile. " Don't you get it father? That's how I am willing to listen to you. Even if it is too exhausting, I will still obey you. I only disobeyed you once. But that one choice, you threw everything aside. Yes. I was selfish. I know what I did is wrong. And I understand that you are mad. But Kicking me out of your life was too much for my punishment. " Jin was already sobbing hoarsely. He was into too much pain that he exploded. It is only now that he has the chance to let go of everything, all types of emotion he kept for years in his heart.