*****

I woke up early in the morning, checking the time, 6:53 and I realized I hadn't prayed fajr yet. I facepalm. It's all his fault if he had slept here, he'd have woken me up for fajr. I grunt as I peeled the duvet off my body. I groggily Walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower, then I perform ablution. I came out and started opening the windows.

Heavy, dark pregnant clouds laced the sky, and it looked like it was about to burst. The weather couldn't have been better, it suits my mood right.

I spread a mat on the floor and wear a blue floor length hijab.

While I was saying my prayers, a low drizzle started, and I silently thanked the Lord of the worlds for his countless blessings on us. Yesterday, the late summer sun graced us. Damn was it hot. But alhamdulillah today, we wake up to the blissful coolness of Allah.

I raised my hands up in Dua.

Ya Allah, make my day trouble free.

I adjusted Aasiya's sleeping position and moisturized my skin.

I dressed up in a simple green and coffee brown Ankara A line dress, I didn't maneuver my dankwali, I just wrap a plain coffee brown veil around my face and deeply lined my eyes with kohl, pleased with my look, I sauntered to the kitchen. The chalet was eerily quiet, which signals everyone else is still asleep.

Ever since the miyan taushe episode with Ammi and Maami, I took it upon myself to be cooking breakfast for everyone, cause well, I really love helping in the kitchen.

I peeped into the sitting room, and the sight I was greeted with was....

Ya Nour was curled up on a couch, it barely contained his body upto his knee. And he was clutching on the duvet like his life depended on it. I give him a pitiful glance but my inner voice kept chanting

Serves him right! Since he can't apologize for not standing up for you when his cousin accused you of putting cockroaches in her sandwich, he can suffer all he does, you don't care, and you shouldn't care.

Like the thing is still annoying me, fisabilillahi cockroaches fahh..Kyankeso!!! Only if she knew how I hated those creatures, and how disgusted I am by the mere sight of them. And Ashe kuma, she had to start blabbing about the past. And she was even blaming me for what happened, as if it's not due to her mumu unfiltered mouth that everything happened.

Whatever, I'm not going to let them get to me, and. As for The Muhammad Nour Bagoni Ngabura, he has taught me a lesson.

Never expect anyone to stand up for you. Always be there for yourself.

I smiled to myself, I love my new courage.

I waltz into the kitchen and started my dish, qosai da Koko. Yes, your typical Nigerian breakfast. Beans cakes and pap.

I washed the beans, and grinded it in a food processor I saw in one of the cupboards,then I used a whisk to beat it till it was fluffed, added salt and set to frying.

For the pap, I mixed up some Akamu with water and poured it into boiling water to make a pudding. (Akamu is a fermented cereal pudding typically made from maize, sorghumor mill, Traditionally, the grains are soaked in water for up to three days, before wet killing and sieving to remove husks. The filtered cereal is then allowed to ferment for up to three days until sour. It is then boiled into a pap, or cooked to make a creamy pudding), then I added fresh yoghurt and stired.