Chapter 9 - Seeking Comfort

Todoroki POV

"Shoto, please go to your classroom, they are going to say some announcements." Recovery Girl says. Izuku was laying on my lap and we were on the hospital bed. She was sleeping peacefully and it seemed as if she had a nightmare before. I tried to get up while not waking up Izuku. I looked at her and I was worried for her after everything she had been through it seemed as if it was going to be much worse in the future.

"Don't worry about her, Shoto, I will take care of her properly." Recovery Girl said. "Thank you for everything, Recovery Girl," I bow. She had taken care of all the students and she really had a kind heart. I stood up and looked at her and walked away from the room towards the classroom.

When I entered a huge wave of depressing atmosphere came over me, everyone looked sad and I assume they felt bad about what happened to Midoryia. We all witnessed the incident and saw what happened to Midoryia's mother, it was truly depressing.

"So...What's your relationship with Izuku?" Mina asks, I could tell she was trying to lighten up the mood. "She's just someone who helped me before..." I reply, turning my head down as I walked towards my desk.

"No fair, Todoroki already has a girlfriend," the pervy grape commented.

"As I said, she's just someone who helped me before," I retorted.

"Do you like her though?" Kaminari asks, giving me those suspicious eyes.

I felt heat flow into my face. I never thought of Izuku in that way because I always thought of her as somewhat of another sister or a best friend. Sure she was attractive and nice but...Now that I think about it, she always could attract anyone of any gender. She was someone that everyone could get along with and she was a radiating ball of fuzz. She was gentle, kind, pretty, cute, slim, well-toned, beautiful, intimidating, gifted, smart, wise, stubborn, and overall a ray of sunshine.

"So you do like her, kero," Asui said.

"Who wouldn't though, she seems pretty nice," Tokoyami replies.

"And with those jugs of hers..." Asui slapped Mineta in the face and everyone was looking at him with infuriating eyes.

"She's a little cinnamon roll!" Uraraka exclaims, it seemed as if everyone agreed with her.

"The way she encountered the villains without any fear was super manly!" Kirishima said.

Maybe I do like her in that way...

Third Person POV

Aizawa walked into the classroom and walked to his table. "As you have seen, the villains were able to infiltrate the school and we have been called to talk to the students about an information leak. So in order to keep the students safe, we have implemented a dorm system. We need you and your guardians to please fill out documents immediately. If there are any implications we can come to your house and answer any questions. Even though this is only the first day of school we want to prioritize your safety. Do you all understand?"

"Yes sensei," they all replied.

Izuku POV

After taking another nap I got up. "Make sure you get plenty of sleep and eat healthily! Do you understand?" Grandma Chiyo asks.

"Yes, grandma," I reply. I get up from my bed planning to go to the classroom.

A waste of space...Useless, you couldn't save your mother.

The voices appear again, but I just ignored it. After my mind was cleared I decided to think about the other me's words. "Don't listen to the voices..." I'm guessing it is talking about the negative thoughts that appeared after the dream. "Don't do the same mistakes that I did...I will help you for others who have tried to help me...A continuous cycle to finally get a good ending, so many tries so many lives to be lost." Did he listen to the voices? Did others try to help him to not listen? A good ending, what exactly is a good ending, is it a perfect life? So many lives to be lost...that is quite alarming. Is he talking about the other me's or the people I hold dear to my life, like mom? "Will you finally be the one? Are you destined to have the good ending we all long for?" How many other me's are there?

Almost immediately I'm being snapped away from my thoughts when someone from behind me slapped me on my back. "You were so cool when you did all of those quirk tests!" a girl said. I turn around and see a pink-haired girl with goggles and had a couple of machines attached to her arms and legs.

"Oh, thanks..." I say. I was kind of embarrassed, I wasn't used to getting compliments from strangers cause I was never allowed outside. When I was outside I was always accompanied by some heroes and I wore a disguise. One of my first friends, Kacchan, always reminded me to be careful around boys particularly and I always retorted by saying that I wasn't attractive.

She looks at me and holds out her hand, "I'm Mei Hatsume, Support Department. I saw your awesome performance, and it was so cool, with you I think no one will be able to transfer to the Hero Studies."

I shook her hand, "I'm Izuku Midoryia and what do you mean transfer?" She looks at me weirdly and just smiles again.

"I thought you trained with heroes? How come you don't know about this?" Hastume asked.

"The heroes never really told me anything about the system in UA and even then they never really wanted me to be distracted with anything. They always wanted me to be dedicated to studying and training on weekdays and during holidays and weekends, I would be spending time with friends and some other people that were deemed harmless by heroes."

She looked at me with pity in her eyes, "Your schedule is pretty strict then. How about any fun without restrictions?"

I smile, "Well now it's less tight and now I could spend time with some friends because they said I was strong enough for now. Though I still can't go anywhere without telling someone or someone with me."

"Yikes I feel bad for you, and you have done that all of your life, haven't you?" She asked.

"Oh, no, that was only implemented because of an event a few years ago."

"What event?" She kept on pressing on.

"I'm not really comfortable with sharing that information."

"Ah, okay, I see! Oh well, have a great day!" Hatsume left and walked toward her own classroom.

I opened the doors to the classroom and I saw everyone looking at me. I could see pained looks on all of their faces. They feel pity, I see, they must've heard what happened or saw the situation.

"Ah, Izuku, you're here. Nezu decided that the students will move into the dorms, now you can stop complaining about being lonely." Aizawa, as always was in his sleeping bag on the floor.

"Midoryia! You were so awesome in the battle, I hope you weren't injured badly." Uraraka came up to me and hugged me.

"You were so manly!" Kirishima came up and slapped me on the back.

"Damn it, Usagi, don't leap into battle like that!" Kacchan came up to me. (Dis nickname was inspired by the story Midori the Rabbit by BriannaReed4)

I smile, "Alright Kacchan!"

"Kacchan, Usagi?"Mina asks, Kaminari laughed at the silly nickname.

"So are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" Mina asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I blush at that comment. Me and Kacchan, a couple? No way! We were more like brother and sister and never looked at Kacchan in that way. Of course, I care for him but I always was never interested in relationships. I was always an otaku and fujoshi at heart, I shipped all of my friends in secret even if they didn't like them.

"Me? With her? No way!" Kacchan was also starting to become a faint pink but his face quickly turned back to normal.

"Sure, sure."

I'm kinda bored right now but I'm releasing an extra later today. Hope you guys have a great day!

Stay unique,

FrickityFrank