You're My 'Perfect Stranger'!. - Chapter 2

--

It had been a week since that encounter with the stranger outside the club. She regretted not asking the woman her name or her phone number because she couldn't stop thinking about her.

The note was still saved in her phone. She had read it at least twice a day but she couldn't answer it nor could she understand why it was left there.

She knew that it wasn't just an ordinary one night stand. She had had her share of those and none of it left her feeling this way.

By Saturday, she was already back at that club, searching for that mysterious figure.

Her friends wanted to visit a different club so she was alone tonight. Not that she minded. It was better this way. She had more freedom and there would be no questioning from people or mandatory yet awkward explanations.

After two hours and rejecting at least five men, she decided to get one last drink before going home. It was disappointing, to say the least, but she knew that the chances of seeing her again was very slim to begin with.

"I hope you're not planning to drive home tonight."

The whisper in her ear startled her, nearly making her spill her drink.

She quickly grabbed the napkin and wiped her mouth before swiveling on the leather stool to see that same smirk from last week.

For a second, she didn't know exactly what to say now that the person she had been looking for all night had finally appeared in front of her, leaning against the bar.

"Where are your friends?" the woman asked.

"Um... they're not here tonight."

"Oh? I thought you said clubbing would be more fun when done with friends?"

"They wanted to go somewhere else," she said. "Where are yours?"

"Not here, that's for sure."

"What?" She couldn't hear her clearly thanks to the loud music.

The woman gestured for her to follow her as she pushed herself off the bar, walking towards the back of the club, where the restroom was.

She frowned but followed obediently. Exactly like their previous encounter, there was something about this woman that was mysteriously alluring.

Who are you?

The woman walked past the restroom doors, towards a corner at the back of the dimly lit corridor. There she stopped, turning on her heels. "You were saying?"

She was still frowning a bit, coming to a halt a few steps in front of her. "I asked you where your friends are."

"They're not here."

"That's strange. From what you said last week, I could have sworn that you're not the clubbing type so why are you here alone?"

"Probably for the same reason why you're here." The woman took a step forward. "Did you see the note I left you?"

"Yes. You should learn social boundaries. Rummaging in other people's bag is frowned upon."