20

“Mommy, wake up! It’s Chwistmas!” Sam shook me awake.

I opened my eyes to see her run out of the room and downstairs. I threw the covers off of me and followed her.

When I came downstairs I saw an excited Sam jumping around and a very tired Brandon and my parents sitting happily on the sofa.

“Merry Christmas.” I smiled and yawned.

“Merry Chwistmas mommy!” Sam said from the floor near the tree. I walked over and sat next to her.

“Merry Christmas.” Mom, dad and Brandon said at the same time. Brandon handed me a coffee and some toast and I silently thanked him.

Sam looked around at us and asked. “Pwesents?”

My mom nodded. “Pick some and make mommy read the card.”

Sam tries to drag a big one towards me but fails. She looks at me and pats it. “Mommy.”

I crawl over to it and read the tag. “To: Sammy, from: auntie Mila.” She smiles and starts ripping the paper off it. It was a doll pram.

“Mommy what it say?” she pointed to a note in the pram.

I read it out loud. “For Kitty.” Sam giggled and moved over to a new present. She picked another large, flat one. I read on the tag on that too. “To: Ally, from: mom and dad.”

I started to unwrap it and saw it was a large picture frame with pictures of me with the girls, Sam, mom and dad and Brandon. I smiled and stood up hugging my mom and dad. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome sweetie.” My mom said.

I returned to the floor and read off present for around half an hour.

Sam handed me a long, neatly wrapped present.

I read from the tag. “To: Ally, from: Lauren.” I opened ripped the paper off and opened the box.

In it was a gold necklace and on it stood ‘Ally’ in cursive.

I got tears in my eyes. I can’t believe she remembered.

We were walking around New York after our radio interview.

We walked past a jewelry shop and in the window on display was a necklace.

It was beautiful.

I looked at the pricetag and saw how expensive it was. And it took over a week to get it done because you could choose what stood on it.

“Ally?” Lauren walked up behind me. “What are you looking at?”

I just shook my head. “Nothing, just a cool necklace.” I smiled at her. “Where to next?”

“That’s a pretty necklace.” My mom told me.

I just nodded. “And expensive.”

We had opened all the presents and Sam was next to Brandon on the couch, watching him on his new iPad.

I quietly stepped out of the room and rang Dinah.

“Ally, merry Christmas!” she yelled through the phone.

“Merry Christmas DJ. Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure.”

“What did Lauren get you?”

She huffed. “A book… I don’t even read, you all know that. What did she get you?”

“Erm… a necklace.”

I hear a muffled. “I can’t believe she did that…”

“Did what?” I asked confused.

“Oh, um, nothing. I got to go but wish everyone a merry Christmas from me. Bye!” she hung up before I could question her further.

I phoned Camila and Normani too and they got much less expensive gifts.

Mila got a DVD movie and Normani got few nail polishes.

I admit, Lauren was never good at choosing presents but how did she manage to make mine so perfect?

I walked back into the living room and saw Sam, dad and Brandon running around playing tag.

Sam was giggling and when Brandon caught her in her arms she screamed and laughed. “Papa!”

Brandon threw her to my dad who caught her and placed her on the ground.

My mom walked into the room with a tray full of mugs on them. “Cocoa time!” she placed the tray on the coffee table and Sam immediately went to grab one.

“Sam.” I said sternly. She looked at me. “Blow, it’s hot.” She nodded then blew on it.

My mom glanced over at Sam with a mischievous look on her face.

She took some whipped cream and put it on Sam’s nose. “Boop!”

“Nana!” Sam wiped it off and giggled.

We all laughed and drank our cocoa in peace.

I wad admiring the necklace when I heard whispers and patter of little feet coming towards me.

“Mommy?” Sam asked sweetly.

I hummed in acknowledgement and looked up at my daughter as her hand flew to my face and there was whipped cream all over it.

----

Sorry this is short but I have an idea and I want to get to it soon!

And also, sorry that the story had gotten suckier... I'll try to get better, promise!