Chapter 11

Katy's POV

I looked at the door as Rob walked in and I smiled lightly. I saw the flowers and stuffed bunny as I smiled more and looked down at our daughter. He came closer to see her as I noticed some tears rolling down his cheeks. "She's so beautiful." he said quietly as I giggled lightly. I gazed up at Orlando as I could tell he wasn't happy with Rob being here but I on the other hand couldn't be happier. Seeing him walk in with a big smile on his face make me more confident with what I was about to do. I knew I couldn't be lying forever and I didn't want to hurt such a wonderful man. He didn't deserve it and neither did our daughter. He was so involved in the whole pregnancy thing and even brought us gifts which Orlando couldn't do. Looking at him, I was glad he wasn't the father of my child. He has become an arrogant and egoistic man and it felt like I didn't know him anymore. He became a stranger to me and he didn't even try to change it and make our relationship work. I didn't have the power to do it either and it was the right time to end it all. I knew now that I wouldn't be left alone with this baby. Rob was there and he wasn't going anywhere.

I looked up at Rob with a smile and passed him our daughter as Orlando watched getting angrier and angrier. "She looks just like her mummy." he murmured making me blush lightly. Our baby cuddled more to him as she already loved him and I turned to Orlando. "What the hell is going on here?" he asked annoyed as he stood up and I played with my fingers. Rob put our daughter into the cot as I was a little scared of Orlando and wasn't sure if I should tell him now but it had to be done, right?

"She's Rob's." I said quietly keeping my head down. I soon felt my cheek burning as he slapped me. I put my hand on my cheek as I let out tears and Rob pulled him out of the room. I heard him talking and Orlando screaming but I couldn't understand a word. My vision became blurry from the tears as I lost control over my body and I just gave up letting it fall on the bed. I was afraid he would hurt Rob or come back here and do something worse. I slowly got out of the bed and found my way to the cot. I picked my baby up and cuddled her gently, making sure she's safe and sound. She was everything I had and I wanted to give her all my love and protect her till the day I die. I hoped Rob would want to help me with it as it was obvious he was surrendered to her already. Watching my daughter sleep peacefully, I kissed her soft cheeks as I kept crying silently but this time they were happy tears. Having her so close to my heart made everything so much better. It felt like nothing bad would happen when she was there. She was everything I wanted and more.

As I was lost in my thoughts, the door opened again and Rob came back inside. He made his way to me and put his hand on my cheek as he asked if I was alright. Smiling lightly, I pulled him into a hug and he kissed our baby's forehead. "Let's name her Daisy." I murmured looking up into his eyes and he grinned back at me. "I love you and Daisy so much. I mean it Katy." he said as our faces got closer and I slowly kissed his lips. With his lips against mine, it made me feel at home. His arms wrapped around me and Daisy protectively as we kissed made me realise he was the one and I was so wrong holding onto my relationship with Orlando. Rob gave me love and the most beautiful gift - a baby. Our relationship didn't have a good start as we were just so drunk I couldn't even remember most of the night but I did remember how sweet and caring he was and from that day nothing has changed. He was still loving and supportive and I was so thankful for having him here with me right now. Throughout my pregnancy, we were spending so much time together and getting to know each other I didn't even realise I started to have feelings for him. Daisy was probably the luckiest little girl to have him as her daddy and no matter what happens, he will always love her. He was just this kind of men every woman would want to have and yet I was the one he picked.

Giggling into the kiss, I pulled away lightly to look at him again as our foreheads were pressed together and I couldn't take my eyes off him. I wanted us to be a family but I didn't want to seem desperate as technically I've just broken up with my boyfriend but really he stopped being the most important person in my life a long time ago. All he cared about were his career and having a child. I didn't feel loved in that relationship and it wasn't healthy for me. I would have been stuck with him if I hadn't met Rob. He has changed my life completely but I loved the way it was now. I would never change it in a million years. I wanted this moment to last forever. Just me, Robert and little Daisy.
"I'll take care of you both, I promise." he said quietly as he stroked our daughter's head and with these words I knew everything was going to be alright. We were going to be alright and whatever happens, we'll have each other...