Chapter 4

Katy's POV

I opened my closet and looked for a dress as I was going to the club with my friends tonight. I needed a break from all of this. I couldn't even remember for how long we've been trying for that baby with Orlando now. We barely talked and I was tired of spending the nights on my own while he worked. I took another pregnancy test this morning but it was once again negative. It didn't surprise me though. I've gotten used to it already and kind of expected it but I decided not to tell him as it would just cause another fight. These last months have been rough for me and I've been feeling much worse with myself as Orlando kept blaming me for not giving him a child. But the doctor said everything was okay with me so why was he like that? I just wished he was as supportive and loving as he was at the beginning. If I've known it turned out like this, I would have never agreed to try for a baby in the first place.

Sighing lightly, I found a short black dress I liked and a black hat before laying them both down on the bed. I went to the bathroom and took a shower as well as washed my hair. Wrapping a towel around my body, I went back to the bedroom and did my makeup. I dried and curled my hair before putting on my dress and jewellery. I heard the door bell ring and I giggled, grabbing my hat and leather jacket before going down the hallway to answer it. Putting on my high heels, I opened the door greeting my friends. I hugged them all tightly as it's been so long since I saw them and I missed them a lot. We used to spend so much time together and go to the parties before I met Orlando and I regretted not talking to them for no reason. I got into the backseat of Sarah's car as we talked and I kept smiling the whole ride, realising how much I needed this. I needed to be free and spend time with people who don't criticise me and my friends never did. We always supported each other and had the best times of our lives together. I smiled at the memory and looked out of the window, wondering why I didn't meet up with them earlier.

Noticing that the car stopped, I got out of it after Markus and we walked into the club. I gazed at the people around us as Shannon immediately pulled me towards the bar making me laugh. It felt like nothing has changed. We were still all together, ready to have some fun and forget about the reality. Shannon still was the one making sure we all had a drink, Markus kept looking for some sexy boys near us and Sarah sang loudly every song they plays. I had a feeling I was the only one who changed. I didn't smile as much and I became more closed but my friends didn't let me be like that for long. Shannon ordered one drink after another for all of us and soon my head began to spin as I got tipsy but I loved it. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the dance floor. We danced moving our hips as Markus and Sarah joined us after two more drinks. "I love you three the most!" I screamed drunkly, throwing my arms in the air. I looked at them smiling as they laughed and hugged me.

The music stopped and we all looked at the stage as the band that was playing went backstage and a different one was about to play their first show in a few minutes. I grabbed my friends and pulled them to the first row. "And now, please welcome Florence and the machine." the host said as two women got on the stage and two men followed. We cheered as they started playing and I looked at the guitarist. He was tall and muscular. His brown hair was bit longer which I usually didn't like but it suited him really well. He was focused on the guitar as he played and I smiled dancing to the music. After some time I realised I've been looking at him the whole time and now he was looking at me too as I danced. I put my arms in the air and clapped with the others as he gave me a small smile and my cheeks started to burn. I was happy it was dark because otherwise he would have seen me blush. I giggled lightly feeling like a schoolgirl as I didn't even know what was happening to me. I wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol but I was strongly attracted to him and I couldn't help myself but to look at him. He was so much more than I wanted and he made my heart beat faster each time we locked eyes. It was a new feeling for me and it was making me confused. I had a boyfriend whom I loved and he should be the one making me feel that way and not a stranger I saw for the first time. But I didn't want my boyfriend in that moment. I was seeking that man's attention and I wanted him to make me feel like I've never felt before because I knew Orlando was slowly losing interest in me and soon I wouldn't be enough. I wanted to be good enough for someone. Anyone. I was tired of being a disappointment and I needed a change.

Snapping back to the reality, I watched the guitarist as they finished the last song and I screamed, cheering for them with the rest of the crowd. He went off the small stage and I lost him in the full club. A bit upset, I went to the bar and sat down on a stool, looking around once again. I gave up searching for him and turned to the bar before ordering myself a drink. Someone put their hand on the counter near me and I looked at the tattooed forearm. "I'll pay for it." I heard the man behind me say as I got my drink and I turned to him, seeing the same guitarist I watched on the stage minutes ago. I thanked him shyly as he looked down at me with a smile. "I'm Robert." he said chuckling as he watched me.

"Katy." I murmured shaking his hand. Sipping my drink, I kept my eyes on him as he sat down close to me and asked if I liked the show. I nodded immediately making my head spin but I ignored it and told him how great they were. We then talked more as we drank and I got to know a bit more about him. It felt amazing having someone who has his full attention on you and I was unbelievably happy talking to him. I stopped caring about my friends as I was so into our conversations and it was so much more fun than sitting somewhere in the back with them. I soon held his hand and pulled him towards the dance floor. I heard him laugh as he followed me and I turned around to face him before wrapping my arms around his neck. Feeling his hands on my hips, I looked into his eyes as we danced.

I giggled as I moved my hips to the rhythm and he pulled me closer. He kissed my neck and I closed my eyes enjoying the moment as I put my fingers in his hair. "Let's go to your place." I murmured looking at him and he nodded leading the way out of the club. We held hands and got into a taxi. I cuddled to his side and he put his hand on my thigh. I smiled more as we got to his flat and I took off my jacket and high heels. He watched me and I giggled drunkly before kissing his lips. He deepened it as he picked me up and carried me to his bedroom.