Chapter 152: The Tale of the Cocky Cadet

A/N: Here's a lighthearted jealous Aiden chapter for you guys! 🙈💖

Also, look at how pretty Elsa's eyes are:

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘 | 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 |
𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐚𝐲

The sweltering heat of the sun intensified the difficulty of the marching cadets' morning routine and even though they are already sweating vigorously, their steps remained dignified and firm— they were the ones who chose this arduous path in their lives, it was only fair they face what is set in store for them.

Each and every one of them wore dirt flecked uniforms which are intentionally colored in a heavy shade of dark green, and most of their cheeks are already covered with mud, thus, signifying the intensity of their training.

Matthias, our ever diligent lieutenant, took it upon himself to keep an eye over the line of cadets lining up for the obstacle course which is meant for only a single body. Nobody should come straight in pairs, it would've distracted the other's concentration if it would be settled in that way.

While the lieutenant watched over a less rough activity, Magoo is currently taking on series of one-on-one sessions with quivering lower strength cadets who are assigned to improve their physical combative skill. The General looked like he doesn't fight lightly, by the way.

A group of cadets continuously did  endless lengths of push ups alongside a certain captain who doesn't seem satisfied with the speed of their outstretching arms and toes. He furiously blew his whistle to make them move faster.

There are some trainees who are already having strong urges to complain, and one of those men is finally ready to snarl his vocals out among a shortening line to their route to Magoo's swollen fists.

"This is pointless."

Gunnar turned to his golden haired friend whose aquamarine eyes are already narrowed in frustration. "How come?"

"My hands are itching either for a crossbow, a musket, or a sword."

"What exactly are you aiming for?" Gunnar raised a brow of confusion. "The artillery unit, nothing more, nothing less, my friend," Iver crowed with a jaunty grin.

"Here goes blondie again with one of his day dreams," A man behind the chattering duo snidely butts in. The group lined up before him couldn't stop their amused snickers once they heard an annoyed groan.

"This day dream you downgrade so much will soon come to life, Frode," The boastful blonde retorted with a huff, "I'll be your superordinate soon enough."

"Cut the guy some slack, pal," Jarle, a shorter cadet disregarded with a subdued laugh, "He's our top notcher in squad twenty three, after all."

"Yeah," Another remarked humorously, "Our top notcher in General Magoo's five minute lectures!"

Barks of laughter were exchanged the moment the random trainee said the legitimate banter.

Iver may look enthralling and attractive (majority of the village maidens in town loved to cross paths with him with a demure greeting) but what he signed up for wasn't what he expected.
•••
"Are you sure you're alright accompanying me here? This is absolute male territory."

Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly with a brief laugh at the two last words that left her husband's mouth, "Don't be silly, lover. I work out in this place occasionally, there's nothing to be afraid of here."

"Magoo and the others kind of transformed it into a rougher environment..."

"Isn't that just additional obstacles?" Elsa chuckled, her arm still linked with his. A cold hand went up to her chest to caress the sentimental pendant accompanied with a soft sigh of contentment.

Aiden glanced at his wife for a moment and smiled at how she cherishes the loving gift he gave her a few days ago. He pulled her closer and brushed his lips against her ear, "This seems to be a normal day. Just a gorgeous woman and an idiot walking in a field, nothing more."

Elsa beamed and nodded, pausing dead in her tracks which stopped him from walking more, "We're here."

Aiden was about to say something but instead looked around, folding his arms to himself as he examined the occurring activities in awe. Matthias, Lars and Magoo had really outdone themselves this time.

"Ah, you both finally arrived!" Magoo greeted with a massive kick towards his current opponent who effortlessly dodged the general's maneuver, "Kindly bow to the King and Queen, lads."

Every cadet stiffened and lowered into a pristine bow while wondering how the jovial general could flawlessly address the monarchs of the kingdom so casually.

The graceful silence however was broken by a mirthful cadet marching forward boldly in front of the amused queen.

Oh boy, Gunnar groaned.

Iver grinned and extended out the ice queen's bare hand and gave the back of it a lofty kiss.

Aiden's eyes gleamed for a split second at the trainee's gesture, his lips parting in reluctance, completely stupefied. He bit back a protective growl, one that his cheek flared wife instantly noticed, and his muffled noise earned a diverted giggle.

"Your majesty, may I just say how beautiful you look today, as always."

"E-erm, thanks?" Elsa managed to breathe out awkwardly, uncomfortable with her hand within the cadet's grasp.

Aiden cleared his throat rather too loudly, towering over his wife's figure as he took a step behind her further.

Iver didn't seem to notice the fire wielder's advance. Magoo hurriedly jogged to his former prodigy and tapped his shoulder, "I warned you to not take her here. He's the one I'm talking about."

"Like it's something so serious to mull over," Aiden dismissively cracked his knuckles with a dark look. The general's face paled simultaneously, "A-ah, why did you–?"

"And you are?" Elsa cluelessly asked.

"Cadet Dahl, at your service, your majesty," Iver audaciously replied, still holding the dumbfounded ice queen's palm.

Oh no, Magoo fumbled with his hands in a queasy manner as he spared a moment to peer over the King of Arendelle's inflamed fist, He awakened the bull dressed in red.

"So, Cadet Dahl," Aiden forced on a toothy smile, "I have been looking through your statistics and I must say, I am very, very impressed with such high numbers."

He's dead.

Multiple rounds of suppressed snickers were released right after the fire king spoke with slithering sarcasm. The boastful cadet still didn't manage to get the hint since he failed to recognize the tense tone in Aiden's voice.

The fire king wrapped an arm around his wife greedily as he coaxed her to move closer to him. This action made Iver lose his grasp from the platinum blonde's hand, which made him utter a noise of disappointment.

"Say, Cadet Dahl," Aiden smirked.

"Y-yes, sire?"

"Would you like to spar with me?"

And there it is, ladies and gentlemen.

To be continued
on the next chapter...