Walking down the stone steps, Alexander stopped behind the rose bush as Sawyer and Mikes chat a few feet away in loud whispers.

"Do you really not know what's going on with her?" Sawyer asks

"No! Maybe something happened?"

"What could've possibly happened besides what is going on now? Did you tell her what I told you about dad?"

Alexander held his breath, she was right. There was definitely something going on.

But what was it?

"I aware I didn't and it's killing me." Miles said shaking his head.

"Good. You know the reason I called you out of class today was because the agency called saying Dad got a threat, I need no one to know about this, no need to cause panic, especially with Mom's Funeral and Marlee's birthday coming up."

Sawyer tells him. Miles nods in understanding. They both begin to turn and Alexander is quick to to hurry back into the house.

Bryce and Mason turn from the tv when they see Alexander rush upstairs.
When Sawyer and Miles come back in, Marlee looks up at them.

"What's for dinner?" She asks. Her hands busy working now on a picture.

"Uh, not sure. Why don't you go up and ask Molly." Miles answers her, knowing that if she wasn't in the mood to talk to her brothers, than she would talk to her. Sister. 

The little girls eyes widen, a happy smile formed on her young face.

"Okay!" She says and hurry's off.

Meanwhile, after Alexander had gotten Molly to actually open her door to him, she turned up the music as they went to talk on the roof.

"Apparently dad was threatened or something." Is all Alexander says to her.

"Threatened, by who?" She asks, her suspicions of something going on had been right.

"They don't know." He tells her.

Molly hums a response.
Nothing but the night sounds and the muffled music taking over the conversation between the two Denver children.
There was nothing left to say because they didn't no anything else.

However, after a short while of silence, through the music, the sound of a knock could be heard.

Sighing, Molly slowly got up, brushing Of any seen dirt on her jeans as she goes over to the window, Alexander following behind

Heading to the door, Molly looked down.

"Yes?" She asks sweetly

Marlee looked behind her taller sister to see her other brother Alexander,
"What are you guys doing?" She asks,

Molly looked back to Ander who sat on her bed, he only shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Uh, nothing. Just talking about a special birthday that's coming up..." Molly comes up with.

The girl smiled big, excitement for turning eight had been totally forgotten until now.

"Really!?"

"Uh-huh." Molly says

"Oh! I remember, Sawyer told me to come as you what's for dinner; so, what's for dinner?"  Marlee bounces on her feet like she had a hand full of candy, the energy of children always did make Molly question why they even gave kids candy when they had so much energy to begin with.

Molly could hear Alexander giggle like a school girl from behind her, though she really wanted to find out more information about what was going on, the eldest girl just remembered that she didn't eat lunch for that very reason.

"Oh, uh, Grilled Cheese?" Molly suggested, her eyebrow raised with the question

"Yes!" Marlee exclaimed and hurriedly speed down the stairs to tell the others.

Closing the door, Molly looked to Alexander. He was reading a random magazine he found on her night stand.

"Huh, it turns out my season totally is Fall." He says, to him self or to her she'll never know.

Laughing though, Molly shook her head and crossed her arms.

"Really? I've always pegged you as a spring type." She says and quickly heads down stairs.

Looking up, Alexander flinched back in shock. 
"Spring?" He whispered in disbelief

Quickly he got up and rushed to catch up with Molly.

"Spring? Why spring?" He asks as they head down stairs.

Not answering the question, Molly only laughs.

🦋