"Chad! leave her, She's with me!" She just talked like she was giving orders.

"oh c'mon just a little fun, one old man asks!" he teased in his rough voice. 

"Duke wouldn't like it , Chad!"she said it like she was warning him about something.

"go you little bone-piece!" he threw me away and i stumbled my way to Jackie.

" you kay?" she asked holding me up. 

"yeah, that guy has got some hold" i said rubbing my arm, which was now paining cause of Chad's hold.

"I think, we should head back." soon we were out of the motel's parking.

"Jackie, I dont get one thing.." i asked her, holding onto her jacket as she drove her Enfield in some good speed. 

"what?" she yelled back. "I'm sorry, but i can hardly hear ya" she yelled back again.

"Nothing" i yelled back at her.

I looked around, how the streets and roads seemed so dark and so hideous under this moonless night.

We came to halt, and then i noticed that we were back at the club.

"i hope nobody notices that i wasn't here around" she turned to look at me, while she removed her helmet.  "yeah well thanks for everything, it was nice to meet you" i smiled at her.

"hey, I'll drop you home if you want, i just need to inform one of my member's that you dont know the way and I'm dropping you back" she offered her help.

"uhmmm yeah that would be great"

As Adrian had ditched me midway in the club, i had to arrange a way back home, else Steve would kill me. "before i leave, here's my number.." she took my phone and saved her number and gave a missed call from mine to her number.

"here, If i'm stuck, I'll call you, but don't worry i'll come back asap" I nodded and she went inside , swaying her body.

Not soon after Jackie left  i felt somone's presence behind me, i turned around and saw Adrian walking in my direction.

"where have you been? you'd just disappeared! How do you manage to do that every time? Do you know how furious i was!" I went on and on with my thunders over Adrian, to which he didn't respond.

"I'm sorry, but there was an old acquittance, i had to deal with, and I couldn't talk to him in public."

 he said meeting my eyes. Oh those amazing blue eyes.

"so, Lets head back"  he gestured his hands for me to walk. I shook my self off and walked, while i texted Jackie - ' hey, Susan here, my friend is back, i'm leaving with him. thanks for everything. tc' 

When i was done, I looked back at Adrian, he looked the same every time i met him. Same hairstyle, same color and combination of clothing. Every time he walked or did anything, his hands would be in his pockets. But his expression, each time they tell a different story. like he is trying to interpret something.

"you are not checking me out, are you?" he said, half smiling, eyes on the road and walking at the same rhythm. "no, i want to know, why didnt you just tell me that Erica was dealing with drugs, why did you bring me here? and why do you keep avoiding me?" I stopped on my tracks and looked sternly at Adrian. 

"you got more answers to her death, than just me telling you that she dealt with drugs. You now know that she did work there, it isn't something that you would have believed if i told you." this time he came closer to me. My breathing became heavy with his every step and I'd almost shut my eyes when our gap was closed by his Demi-god body and his tender hands caressed my cheek "Susan.. I have never and would never avoid you" he said every word with so much passion. 

"I'm sorry.. Its just th.... " and i yawned uncontralably in front of my Demi-god friend.

He laughed a little and then shook his head smiling "lets get you home, and stop saying that word every time" he smiled at me again. We walked in silence till we reached my house. i turned around to face him "well, here it is"i said pressing my lips in a line. 'good night Susan, sleep well" 

he smiled at me and then walked away.

 I tip toed my way inside the yard and reached for the hanging rope from my bedroom's window. 

I climbed my way up, with life taking efforts, thankfully my room wasn't at a great height.

 As i wandered in my dark room I reached for the lights.

"you said your friend will drop you home"

i knew that voice. 

**************************************************************

thank you all for your patience!

Will be updating the next chapter soon

until then comment, fan , vote! :)

Much love

Aquasaphira <3