Chapter 3

When "DEATH" approaches, its the Body that goes back to its Natural elements, but the "SOUL" lives till eternity.

BURIED LOVE: CHAPTER 3

 "Let us commend Miss Erica Claire Somers to the mercy of God, We therefore commit  her body to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust; in the sure and certain hope of the Resurrection to eternal life." the Priest was reciting  his holy  words for Erica. I was continuously staring at her Coffin, she was inside the coffin, i was still hoping if she could just climb out of it, and all of this was a dream.

But few things in Life are Real, and they just cannot be wiped out , even though they are the worst things covering up your life. I realized a slight force on my hand, it was Steve. He was standing right next to me, holding my hand in his. My other hand was holding a card and a bouquet of White Lilies; they were Erica's favorite... "Suzie, please, Be strong.." It was Steve again distracting me from my thoughts .

Taking away my hold from Steve, I managed to walk towards her coffin, It was a Dark wooden coffin, it was then i realized that I was still crying, because the card had got wet and little damp due to my continuous sobbing. I placed them both on its surface, and touched it with all my heart, " I'm sorry Erica.... I'm so sorry, that I wasn’t there for you when u needed a friend, I’m so sorry that i never understood how important you are to me, I’m sorry Erica, Please tell me that U'll be fine up there, oh lord..." I felt Helpless, i was whispering all this to her in my sobs. "I need you back Erica...Pleasee."

It was then that Steve pulled me away from her Coffin.  I was struggling to go back and Talk to her. I could feel that she was listening to me. I wanted her to reply to me. "Steve..let go off me.. Steve.. Pleeaass..." I was struggling hard, he left  me and I Fell flat on the ground. I held my stomach and began to cry again, why was it so hard to absorb that she wasn’t there anymore.

My mind began to trace back our moments together. She was just a year senior to me and had become a very good friend of mine in past 5 years. I had realized it sometime later that Steve and Erica were dating. Steve was 2 years elder to me. They made a perfect couple. They were so in love. Steve would care so much about her. I would tease them about getting married and having children and me being their favorite Aunt Suzie. I could feel a smile forming on my swelled face, and our GOOD old times together. We three would hang around so often. Oh Erica....Please come Back.. please Come Back.

"Suzie, Erica’s funeral is over, we should head back home", Steve's voice brought me back to that bitter moment of losing Erica. "I need some time alone Steve, I'll give you a call when i want to come back", i told him while balancing on my feet. Steve kissed my forehead and whispered in my hair" Don’t be too late Susan, I'll wait for your call, take care"

I began to walk, the thin beam of sunlight  making their way through the little gaps of the dense branches of the tress above me. yeah, it was the mid month of July. Summers of California started a couple of days back. I continued to walk thinking about few random things, like why did i feel cold, when it was summer season and. 'THUD'. I'd blindly hit something. oh wait, It wasn’t just something, it was .. a a GRAVESTONE!! I had been walking inside the GRAVEYARD??

*******************~~~~~~~~~~~~**********************

I began to notice the graveyard. It was Beautiful in its own ways. There were several trees around, dense and green, giving a good shade to the people resting here in peace. It must nice to rest here after death, i thought. DEATH! FUNERAL! ERICA!

"Oh Lord, why......" I was about to talk more to myself when suddenly someone at my back, called me.

"Well, hello there, are you talking to yourself?"