“You want to watch a movie before we need to get ready?” she nodded. I was hoping she would take a nap before we ate. “You want milk too?” she nodded again. I had found the reason why she got a stomach ache every time she drank milk. It was just this specific type the girls had bought that her stomach didn’t handle.

I wiped her tears and walked into the kitchen. Sam noticed all the people in there and she buried her head in my neck again. I think they all noticed how she was acting because they looked at us then continued what they were doing.

Because I was trying to put her down for a nap, I found one of her sippy cups and warmed up some milk for her.

As I was about to go to the living room again I spoke to my cousins. “I’m about to watch a movie. You can join if you want.”

They nodded and followed me to the living room.

I sat on the sofa and made Sam sit on my lap, facing the TV. I placed the cup in her hands and took her pacifier out of her mouth. She started drinking the milk slowly.

“What do you want to watch?” I asked them.

“I don’t know. What do you got?” Mike asked. He was the same age as Brandon while Claire was one year older than me.

Claire walked over to the DVD shelves. “The polar express! We have to watch it!” she grabbed it and walked over to the DVD player and put the movie in.

I felt Sam start to get sleepy, I moved my hands so I was holding the bottle up for her. Her hands fell to her sides and her eyes drooped.

I nudged Claire’s foot and nodded to Kitty and her blanket. She passed me it and I draped the blanket over her and put Kitty in her arms. She sunk further into my chest and I realized she was asleep.

I replaced the cup with her pacifier and carefully lay down with her in my arms.

One polar express and half home alone later, I heard my parents’, aunt’s and uncle’s voices getting closer to the living room. They walked in laughing.

Sam’s head shot up off my chest. She looked around then realized what was going on and lay it back down.

“Hey, baby.” I stroked her hair. She rested her chin on my chest, her large brown eyes looking at me. “You wanna go get ready now?” she nodded her head.

I placed her on the floor and she took ahold of my pants. She followed me into our room and I got the dress out that she was going to wear.

The dress was red with white polkadots and sleeveless. I put her hair in a fishtail braid and placed a white bow in her hair. I then put white flats on her tiny feet.

I kissed her forehead. “All ready baby. You want to stay here while mommy gets ready?”

“Yes mommy.”

I put on a simple white, knee length dress. It had sleeves that ended at my elbow and a brown belt. I quickly curled my hair and slipped on white heels.

I heard the doorbell ring. It was probably the rest of my family.

I headed downstairs with Sam’s hand in my own. All of the family was in the living room chatting away.

My family was kind of large.

On my mother’s side was my aunt Carol, her husband Bill and Emma, Mike and Claire. My mother’s brother, David, had a wife, Genevieve, and a kid, Kate, who was two years younger than me.

My dad had three brothers, Tony, Carlos and Peter and they all had spouses and total seven kids with the age ranging from 18-32. Four of them had spouses as well.

Even though I was rather young in my family, I was the only one with a kid.

I greeted everyone and everyone made comments about how cute Sam was or how much she had grown. Personally, I didn’t see it. She was always my little baby.

“Dinner is ready!” my mom yelled over the living room. Sam took my hand and dragged me towards the kitchen where food was on every single one of the counters.

My mom created a system that each person had to get their own food and the adults would eat at the dining table when we ‘the children’ had to eat in the living room.

I grabbed two plates and put food on both of them. Sam followed me into the living room and sat beside me on the floor with our food on the coffee table in front of us.

While I was talking to my cousins, Sam was mainly focused on the food.

I felt a little pull on my dress. I looked down at Sam and she had gravy on her chin and a little on her cheek. “Thirstwy.” I realized she had finished her water so I passed her my glass and she drank happily from it.

She went to eat more but I placed my hand under her chin, lifting it up. “You know the food is supposed to go in your mouth and then your tummy.” I chuckled and wiped away the gravy.

She giggled slightly then climbed onto my lap and ate her dinner from there.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head, watching as more gravy made its way onto her face.

----

Am I the only one who feels that each chapter is getting worse?

I hope it's just me.

Next chapter: CHRISTMAS!!