"Mom it's a Thursday night" I say walking into the kitchen. Who has a party on a Thursday night?

"Yes it is." She says and I put the bags down on the floor and start to pack them away.

After unpacking the grocery's I make Alannah some lunch that she eats at the island.

"She's going to need to stay in her room come 6." Mom says and I sigh. It's not fair for Alannah. This is her house too.

"We'll watch movies in her room all night" I say smiling down at Alannah and mom sighs.

"You're coming to the party." She tells me and I furrow my eyebrows. She didn't ask she just kinda demanded. I want to spend time with Alannah but I know better then to argue with my mom.

"I'll sort something out." I tell her, picking Alannah up. I grab my phone out my bag and take Alannah upstairs.

We sit in her room as she plays with some toys. I decide to ring James mom, Mrs Miller.

"Hello."Mrs Millers voice echoes through the phone.

"Hi Mrs Miller." I say awkwardly. I've known her for years and she's told me to call her Nicole so many times but I still feel so weird calling her by her first name.

"Lara, honey, it's been far too long since I last heard from you, how have you been?" She asks.

"I've been good, I actually have a favour to ask." I say shyly. Oh god. This is awkward. Well for me.

"Go ahead dear" she says.  Here goes nothing.

"Um well my mom is throwing a party tonight and she wants me to go but I haven't got anyone to watch Alannah." I tell her.

"Of course I'll watch her I don't mind honestly" she says and I smile. I love James mom, she's been a better mom to me then my own mom has and she's honestly an Angel.

"Your a life saver I'll drop her up within the next 2 hours." I tell her.

"Alright honey, I look forward to seeing you both." She says and I smile. The call ends and I turn to Alannah.

After packing a bag of pyjamas and stuff for later in a bag for Alannah I take her hand as we go downstairs.

"Right I'm going to drop Alannah off I'll be back soon." I shout to mum and grab my keys. I buckle her in the car and we head to we head to James' parents house.

I get out the car outside of a massive house. The thing about James' parents is they are very well known lawyers, they are very much rich. Their house is massive and I get starstruck every single time I look at it.

I climb out of my seat and head over to the passenger side. I let Alannah out and she runs over to Mrs Miller whose stood outside her front door with her arms wide open for Alannah to hug her. I smile and grab Alannah's bag and head to the door.

"Mrs Miller." I smile and she smiles too and then hugs me.

"If I have to tell you one more time to call me Nicole." She warns teasingly, which causes me to laugh. "Come in come in." She says opening the door for us.

She has always welcomed us into her home. Never once has she turned me.

We go into the living room where she puts doc mcstuffins on for Alannah.

"How are you sweetheart?" She asks me and I smile.

"I'm good" I tell her. She smiles at me widely

"It's been so quiet here without you two." She says smiling and glancing between Alannah and I.