Why Don't You Love Me Like I Love You, Back. - Chapter 5

"Hello. Long time no see." Suho smiled at the customer.

Irene smiled back. "Yeah. I needed a break from all the milk and sugar." She craned her neck, looking at the back of the shop. "Is Wendy here?" The shop owner had been avoiding Irene's calls for almost a week. The most they had done during that time was text chat.

"She's not here yet. She'll probably be coming later today," answered Suho.

"Oh okay then." Irene placed her order and paid for her milk tea. She took out her phone while she waited, messaging Wendy to ask about her whereabouts.

Irene's message wasn't replied so she decided to just leave and come back later after work. She thanked Suho and made her way towards the door, still lost in thought. She almost bumped into someone at the door. She lifted her head and saw the smile she had been missing these past few days.

"I didn't reply because I was already on my way here." Wendy showed Irene the phone in her hand.

Irene instantly smiled. "I thought I wouldn't get to see you today." She didn't realize that she was being too honest about her excitement to be able to see Wendy again.

"Wait here." Wendy went to the back of the store, greeting her staff along the way. She stored her bag in one of the small cabinets. She had been thinking about her plan since the encounter with the crazy woman and she had considered ditching it. But then he kept calling so she had to deal with him first, not leaving much time for anything else but work. She stepped out into the shop to see Irene sitting at a table near the door, sipping her drink quietly. She approached her and took a seat in front of her.

Irene looked up when she saw Wendy approaching.

"Sorry I've been so busy lately," Wendy said. "How have you been?" The messages they had exchanged were short. She didn't really know how Irene was since that incident.

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm good too." Wendy smiled. "Had lunch?"

Irene nodded. "Have you had lunch?"

"I plan to grab a burger after this."

"Oh okay." Irene paused, suddenly feeling awkward. She had decided to just tell Wendy the truth but now that she was sitting right in front of her, she had begun to have doubts again. She didn't want to lose Wendy yet. She could barely function after almost a week of not talking to her.

"Jo---Hyun! There you are!"

They both turned their heads to see Joy and Yeri walking inside the shop.

"I knew I'd find you here. Please stop running away from us," Joy took a seat next to Irene while Yeri went up to the counter to order.

Irene silently cursed. She looked at Wendy who had her eyebrows raised and an amused smile on her face. "I'll talk to you later." She hastily stood up from her seat and headed for the exit.

"Yah! Hyun!" Joy stood up and went after her friend.

Wendy also got up from her seat. She went behind the counter, watching the calm Yeri who was waiting for her order. "Um... I think your friends left."