The Stranger

Will was taking a stroll through the reserve as usual. One thing was different this time- she was hoping to see Treasure again. After discovering her magic, she thought something about her real life, like the tiger tiger she was supposedly protecting would remind her of her life before her powers.

Will looked down at her hands.She felt exhausted.She'd finally conjured a dry leaf that Teresa hadn't found a single fault in.She'd said that after this, they'd be able to try to conjure things with life in them.Well I'm looking forward to THAT.NOT.

She neared the gate, and, with a longing look back, hoping that she'd have better luck next time, left the reserve.She was about to open the door to her hut, but a voice called out her name.

Will turned around and saw Teresa. Please don't let it be more training sessions she thought before she caught sight of a boy next to her god-mother of about her age.

He dark black hair which flopped over and almost covered one of his emerald green eyes.Will could'nt explain the look on his face. It was quite expressionless except for a hint of fierceness that seemed to come from his eyes.

'Will,' Teresa said.'This is Arran.You know, Ralon Peters' son.'

Will's eyebrows shot up. Ralon Peter's son? What on earth is Teresa up to?

Looking at the expression on Will's face, Teresa shot her a warning look. Will, taking the hint, said,' Hello, Arran. Er...nice to meet you.'

She was rewarded with a thin, but otherwise friendly smile and a nod of acknowledgement.

'Can you give him a little tour through the reserve? I'm a bit busy right now.' said Teresa.

'Through?' asked a very perplexed Will.' As in, inside? But, only we're allowed in there.'

'Exactly, Will, that's why he has to go in with someone who has the authority. Also, he's pretty good with the animals, so you can tell Derek not to worry.'

'Oh..oh,okay,then', Will said, with a touch of grumble in her voice.'I'll do it.Come on, uh, Arran.'

She turned, gesturing to him to follow her.As she let them both inside, Will saw Derek walking towards them.

'Hey, Will.Who's this? A friend?', asked Derek, his light, sandy brown hair glinting in the sun.

'Not really.I met him today, just now, in fact.This is Arran.'

Derek smiled,'Welcome to Gemios, Arran.Hope you enjoy your time here.' Turning to Will, he said,' But it looks like someone forgot the rules here. You know you're not allowed to give private tours, Will.'

'It's alright, Derek, he's good with animals.'

'That's what you think.'

'Derek! That is so not fair! I told you I met Arran just now! Does that mean you would'nt take notice if it really was my opinion?'

'It wasn't?'

Would you or wouldn't you?'

Is it your opinion or not, Will?'

'I asked first.'

'Fine, i wouldn't,happy?'

'No! As a matter of fact, Teresa told me.'

'Good, then.You're allowed inside.' he added to Arran.

'Thanks.' said Arran, speaking for the first time.

'Will, I need to go. Call me if you need help with the animals, okay?

'Okay,' said Will.Or maybe I won't.

Derek left, and Will started walking towards the stables. Arran followed her.

'Can you ride?', she asked him.' It'll be faster that way.'

'Yeah, I ride', he said.

Will kept her head down as she approached Skye. She did not want this strangeer commenting on her eyes. She kept a tight grip on Skye as she let him out of his stable and took out the arab horse, Wilder from his stable as well. She fixed him with his tack, and handed Wilder's birdle to Arran. Noiselessly, they got on and and led the horses forward.

'So, Will', said Arran, startling Will.'Which of your parents had purple eyes?'

Teresa...Impossible amount of information already?! 'None of them', she replied.'I'm the first.'

'Oh', he said.'When your god-mother told me about it, I thought she was lying.'

'Yeah, well, some people think I wear lenses.'

'Do you, uh, carry your weapons with you, well, all the time?' he asked eyeing her sword.

'Yes, actually,' she said.

'And you now how to use them?'

'Yes.'

'Your god-mother says you're good at it.'

'I guess I am.'

The conversation suffered a great loss from then on wards, until Will noticed that Arran seemed to be staring at the foot of a tree.

'Anything wrong?' she asked.

'Nothing', he said, not taking his eyes off the spot.'It was probably just a wisp.'

As soon as he said it, he clapped a hand over his mouth, looking shocked.This fierceness had completely disappeared from his eyes.

'Say what?'

'Nothing.'

'Can I please know? What on earth is a wisp?'

'That... that is, uh-'

'Just spit it out.'

'Oh,okay, it's like actually, it's a- a magical creature.' he said, looking like he wants nothing better than the ground to swallow him whole.

'What?' Will said, eyes wide. No way is this happening now. 'Do you...have a power?'

'Sorry?'

'You heard me.'

'Yeah, actually, I do.It's air.' he seemed thoroughly relieved that Will didn't think he was retarded.'You- you too?'

'Yes- energy.' said Wilol, leading Skye forward again.

'Whoa, really?' asked Arran, hurrying to keep up with her.

'Yes, from my mother's side.'

'Me, too.'

'Was it hard to learn? Because I'm finding it really hard right now.'

'Bet you do', he grinned.'It wasnt that hard for me, but I guess it is for you.You've a lot to learn.'

'Yeah,' she sighed.'What I wouldn't do to have just one.'

'I suppose you'd feel like that.' he said.' You know, I'd better get going.I'll keep the tack and everything back myself.Is that okay with you?

'It's alright, as long as you know where to keep it.'

'I think I've figured it out.'

'Bye then.'

'See you around, Will.'

VOTE IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!