Chapter 31

My cellphone rung shrilly in the air and I groaned, rolling over in bed and blindly reaching for it. After my third attempt, I grabbed the phone and peeled my eyes open to see a missed call from my oh so dear twin, Peta.

Wow, thinking about it... I haven't talked to him in a long time. I was ripped away from my thoughts however as the phone began to ring again as Peta called. I quickly accepted the call, grimacing at the brightness of the screen and dropped the phone in my lap.

"Hey ugly! How's everything going?" I heard my twins voice come from the phone faintly.

My gaze flickered from the peacefully sleeping Spencer down to the phone in my lap. A grin took over my lips and as much as it pains me to admit, I have missed Peta a little bit.

Quickly and as silent as a ninja, I got out of bed and walked downstairs, all the while whispering into the phone, "Give me just one second..."

A loud sigh ripped through me as I landed on the couch, curling up in a ball and gazing outside. Water droplets slid down the windows and sliding glass door as the rain pattered soothingly on the roof.

"So... a lot has happened," I finally answered him. In which he chuckled in response.

"Don't tell me that you're pregnant already! Paige, come on! It's been like a good month and a half since you left!"

My eyes widened in shock at that. So much has changed in that rather small amount of time.

"No, I'm not pregnant!" I finally spluttered out. I could hear his ugly donkey laugh clear as day which made me grimace. Once he was done laughing at my embarrassment I continued.

"Let me just tell you that you're not prepared for what you're about to hear." I peered down at the carpet now, a small smile creeping onto my features.

"Hit me with it," he said with eagerness.

So I did. I explained everything from when arriving at Ace's, to his sexism, to me rejecting him, to him forcefully marking me, to meeting Spencer, to Ace being stripped of all of his titles and being cast a rogue, to arriving at Spencer's pack and experiencing a loss in pack members due to the rogue attack and finally to the battle in the meadow in which Ace led.

Silence ensued as Peta processed everything I just said. After a minute of silence, Peta finally spoke.

"So now he's at the cove? For how long?"

I shrugged despite him not being able to see me, "Moon Goddess knows how long. Spencer doesn't even know how long and he is a part of the elders."

"You know, I thought elders were supposed to be old. How old even is Spencer?"

"He's twenty-one," I replied with a small grin looking out the sliding glass door once again.

"Dang, that kind of lets down my childhood dreams of the elders all having super long beards along with long grey hair. You kind of ruined that for me Paige."

I chuckled lightly before responding, "Yeah well sorry to disappoint. Spencer doesn't have a grey hair on his body. Believe me, I checked yesterday."

"Ewwwwwwwww Paige that's so gross, don't tell me that sort of stuff, you're my sister!"

I snickered into the phone before sighing, my eyes down casting towards the plush white carpet again.

"I miss you. Not just you, although I do miss you a lot... but I miss the family," I murmured. I don't know if he heard me though because I received no response for a couple of seconds.

"I miss you too. The family does as well, little Gunner especially. He's whined non stop about how you haven't visited him yet. It's like he thinks you're his favorite sibling or something." I just knew Peta rolled his eyes and had a cheeky grin on his features as he said this.

"Hmmmm... maybe because he is?"

After I said that Peta began to attack me on how I was the 'absolute worst twin in the whole wide world' and how he 'doesn't know how in the Moon Goddess he was cursed to be stuck with me as the other half of him.'

"Okay okay, stop it," I laughed before he could continue to bash on me for being the worst twin to ever exist apparently. Although I think I'm the best twin to ever roam the face of this earth... Even if I did forget to update him on everything going on in my life.

We talked for a little bit more, he updated me on how him and his mate Chloe were doing.

"We're doing great actually! She's so sweet and kind, a little shy at times but I think I've helped bring her out of her shell if I'm going to be completely honest with you. Something to do with me being 'a complete dickhead at times that she wants to strangle' as she so nicely put it."

I burst into laughter at that, imagining somebody else doing that bringing a big fat smile to my face. I absolutely loved to make fun of Peta, as a lot of people praised him for everything he seemed to do. He would get a tad bit cocky at times, so it was simply my job to kick him off that high pedestal of his. You know, help bring him back down to earth where the rest of us common folk are.

"I can't wait to actually get a chance to talk to her. I've only seen her once when you...." I trailed off and began to laugh as the memory of Peta throwing Ace like a little rag doll came to mind.

"I remember that... it's not the most enjoyable memory to be honest... You looked like you were going to rip my balls off."

"I nearly stripped you of your manhood," I chuckled in agreement.

The line went silent for a little bit as a wave of nearly overwhelming sadness came over me as I realized how much I missed Peta. How much I missed my annoying, crazy family.

"You all should come visit!"

"What?" He asked in surprise.

"Yeah, come visit. It's not like you guys have anything else to do."

"Well mom and sad have the pack to run... but the rest of us, no, we really don't have anything to do."

"So come and visit me. You all can meet Spencer, too," I said with a soft smile.

"Does Spencer even know about this?"

"Nope," I replied, popping the p.

"Great idea Paige. Give your mate a near heart attack by inviting all fifteen of your brothers over. He's probably going to think we're attacking his pack or something."

"It'll all be fine, I think you all will have a grand time over here.... We've got a pool downstairs you know, and a gym and a huge training area with a track. It's really great, I think you guys will enjoy it a lot."

He was quiet on the other line, contemplating the pros and cons.

"Come on Peta! It will only be for this weekend, I promise. I think you should move over here with Chloe. I can't be away from my twin too long anyways."

He hesitated for a moment before finally giving in.

"Fine Paige. But it Spencer freaks out, don't blame anybody else besides yourself. I tried to warn you."

"Great!" Was all I responded with before he hung up. I brought the phone away from my ear and peered down at the screen with his contact name now shining at me.

"How rude."