NAIL ARTS

One of the privileges during intramurals? NO CLASSES TO ATTEND TO.

So now, I am currently strolling in the fields while expecting to see my crazy friends. SSG organized different activities. There were several booths, for food and events. I finally spotted the girls in the nail arts booth.

"Lindy! Join us here. They're amazing, look at this!" Mariz exposed her recently finished nail arts on her left fingers.

"Wow!" I'm not into fashion but the nail arts are so inviting. Mariz got strawberry style, Reia got roses and believe it or not, Demi has the Eiffel Tower of Paris painted on each of her fingernails. "Me too! You girls should treat me with this!"

Because I'm a friend, Mariz paid for me. Yes!

While waiting, we talked about how to spend the whole intrams day without getting bored and spending a lot of money – regarding the booths.

"Let's watch basketball. They'll play around 10:00 and it's 30 minutes from now." Reia suggested while looking at her Baby G.

"Let's pick whose team got the most handsome members and let's cheer for them! It's going to be so much fun!" Mariz giggled.

Demi snorted. "Sharks team members are gorgeous. But they're from annex school and their attitude sucks especially that one named Carter."

"Carter? How did you know him and his team?" Demi's not so particular with boys and it's the first time she got negative impression to somebody. I guess, I just smelled something. *__-

"He's a nonsense topic. Think of other ideas that are worth to occupy our time." Demi indicated the topic must be ended.

"Let's just watch Pacquiao's game instead. There's a replay in Channel 2 today for his fight with Bradley." I suggested merrily. All of us love boxing but only if Manny Pacquiao is on the ring.

"Yeah, much better!" We all agreed, not minding that there were many other sports events in the intrams available to be watched for free.

"It's done. Total cost is 300pesos." One of the attendees in the nail arts booth announced.

I excitedly looked at my fingernails.

The excitement slowly fades when I looked at my fingernail arts. Narrowing my eyes at Mariz whom I'm sure was the culprit.

"What are these?!"

Each of my fingernails was painted with the letters L-O-V-E-Y-O-U-T-O-O.

Why is she one of my friends again?? Tsk. I never should have trusted her for my nail arts. Reia and Demi just watched me with amused smiles on their faces and Mariz just shrugged her shoulders.

"I just want to help. If Grey finally says the 3 magic words, you don't need to utter a word coz I know," she glanced at Demi and Reia then restated "- I mean, WE know that you'll be speechless when that happens. So, with that art you just have to shove your fingernails at him and he'll know your answer." She grinned slyly while bobbing her eyebrows up and down.

Does it really have to be LOVE? Gosh! I'm still 15 for cake's sake! Okay, I may like him, yes. But geez! LOVE?!?!

"Maaaarrriiiiizzzz! You're so dead!"

I chased her outside when she scrambled on her feet and ran away. She must have known she'll be dead if I laid my hands on her. The girl is a total runner, I was already catching my breath but I'm still far behind her. Reia and Demi was following me laughing their brains out while Mariz leaned on one of the booths watching us from afar, a sly grin still pasted on her face.

She started shouting, "Promise me, you'll not ruin that art Linds! I shouldered the expense for that!"

Okay! So now, she's blackmailing me!

"These will get off my fingernails as soon as I'll see an acetone!"

"Jeez! Lindy girl, just promise me! Besides, I just want to help!"

It was a nonsense plea, really. But since I'm a person who values much about friendship, it still makes sense to me. I looked at my fingernails again. The designs are nice though, the only thing that's ruining the effect in it was the message of the 10 imprinted bold letters. But well, at least it's PINK.

"Okay, promise!" I shouted back while making faces but then before we reached to where she was standing, two boys wearing the same shirt approached her and snapped something on her wrist.

Demi, Reia and I looked at one another before we found ourselves bursting out a laugh. Mariz was captured for a love knot.

We managed to follow them in the love knot booth and Mariz was clearly giving us daggers through her eyes especially when she saw the guy who paid to be knotted with her. The guy was none other than, Morris – the one who made himself famous in Earth High for having a breath that STINKS.

I felt a bit of pity toMariz, she's my friend anyway. I don't want her to die just for inhalingMorris's breath. But somehow, a part of my brain convinced me, I got my sweetrevenge without breaking a sweat. Fate had managed it all for me! This callsfor an evil laugh!