TRENDING GOSSIP

A year later...

I am so busy scribbling some equations to finish our homework in Math. It totally slipped out from my mind last night and now I'm silently blaming the comeback of Katherine Peirce – in the Vampire Diaries series.

Mariz sat beside me and offered a piece of paper mumbling something about homeworks should be done at home. Since we became seniors, we used to pass messages through writing in a paper since the 4 of us are now seated on each corner of the classroom. Thinking it's just one, I ignored the paper from Mariz's hand and continued on my homework, I only have 5 minutes left before our Math period starts.

"Marz, I'll read that later. Im freaking out here, I'm still in question number 7!"

I shoved the paper back to her, now worrying if I can still finish the 15 questions on time. I don't particularly like Math –-> this explains my dilemma.

"I'm helping you, you idiot!" Mariz said shoving the paper again to me. "Copy it all, sue me if it's wrong which I highly doubt since I'm a math genius. I know you don't like copying but you can reimburse me later with a pizza. So, hurry now coz I also have something to tell. New gossips in Earth High!"

Trust Mariz to be like that. She has the nastiest tongue on all 4 of us and she also has the widest connection of acquaintances in the whole school, so I wasn't surprised when I heard the word 'gossip' rolling out from her tongue.

It was recess when we've found time to discuss the gossips which Mariz is so eager to share. We're all gathered in the table, with the three of them feasting on the pizza I bought to compensate Mariz for helping me in Math. And up until now, I still feel like dropping my jaw from the gossip which concerns--à GREY.

"Grey's courting someone?" Reia raised her brows at me after Mariz laid out the trending gossip.

"Who is she?" asked a curious Demi.

I really don't know that he's already courting someone. Well, we don't have time to discuss such topics, anyway. The only time he spares with me was just a couple of minutes every Monday – when he's dropping off some sweets. well, there were times that it doesn't even last a minute, he'll just drop off the items, flicking my glasses and then gone, no words said.

Yes, it's been a year and we're in separate sections but the sweet gesture is still alive.

But now, he's courting someone that no one knows yet.

Who is she?

I realized, I just repeated Demi's question in my mind.

"Of course it's her." Mariz confidently says to no one in particular while taking a slice of pizza.

"Who?!" Demi, Reia and I chorused, regarding Mariz with much curiosity.

"You, of course. Who else would it be?" Mariz pointed her French-manicured finger at me.

Nobody but me.

"ME??!!!"

Demi and Reia's eyes widened while gaping at my dazed expression. I was silent for a moment. Trying to absorb Mariz's ghastly idea. Until I feel like I couldn't contain anymore, I burst out laughing.

"My gosh! Mariz! Hahaha... Do you realize how silly your idea is?"

I'm now clutching my stomach and covering my face from laughing so hard. "Me?!! That's the craziest idea I've ever heard from you! Hahaha."

"I agree with Marizel. I believe it could be you Lindylene." Demi said wryly. "What do the chocolates stand for? The guy never failed to give you chocolates every week since he transferred here." She pointed out.

I was somehow touched by Demi's theory. I adjusted my glasses while swallowing the remaining laughter that threatens to come out from me again. While Mariz is the Math genius, Demi's into science and the sort of psychologist in our group. And she's the only one who doesn't call me by my nickname, though well, not just me, she calls ALL our classmates in full names.

Anyway, I was about to react when Reia chimed in.

"I can't find reasons to object, gathering the facts that I can see, I also believe it could be you!" she says with a teasing smile.

Oh bother! This is definitely going nowhere!

"Okay, now wait - "

"Just think of it. Why trouble himself of giving you chocolates weekly?" Reia cut me mid-sentence while taking a bite of pizza. "Every Monday particularly, right? The very same day you first met?" she added while chewing. "By giving you sweets every Monday is enough to show you that he treasures the day he met you in his life!" she managed saying all her thoughts while chewing and swallowing pizza. The other two just nodded with approval.

Okay, while Mariz is into Math, Demi's into Science, Reia, I admit is definitely into debating! But, wait? Is it really possible? Goodness! I don't want to assume because all I knew is I'm having this strange heartbeats when he's near especially on Mondays but now, these girls' theory is now pushing me into the phase of assuming!