Chapter 14

The rain didn't pour but the wind blew their faces.

The pack members of the Royal pack were left behind, no one had caught who had burnt the evidence that might have lead to the Imperial seal.

Rest assured, it was in the hands of it's rightful owner.

Raven and Mark shifted to their wolves so they could cover more ground, making their way towards a nearby lake and avoiding possible routes that the Royal pack wolves take.

"When will he arrive?" She asked after shifting back to her human self. Mark's eyes clouded for a moment.

The man had taken great risks to burn the camp and palace without getting imprisoned but caused him bruises from escaping and falling from trees, particles of his clothing were ripped and a couple of his knives have gone missing.

"An hour." He replied and tried to remove the grime off his face. Both of them hunted for fruits and berries, being hungry from travelling overseas and roughly getting the Imperial seal. A werewolf has a large appetite.

They were cautious to avoid the poisonous food that would cause them hallucinations, ones that can actually lure them to death.

It was a bit dark than it usually was due to the weather and a fireplace wouldn't be such a great idea since it would only attract the enemies they had offended a while back.

Nevertheless, their inner wolves had provided them heat and healed them naturally.

"He's here." Mark spoke up and moments later, a wolf the same size as his arrived. A wolfish grin set on his face as he shifted to human, wearing the armor that bared the Noble pack's seal. He carried a satchel with him.

"I thought I recognized two boars in the forest." He snickered as he took in their appearances.

"Shut up." Mark glared at his twin brother then put his hand out. "The clothes I told you to bring."

Mark and Raven decided to take turns as they got ready. They doubt the Royal pack would allow anyone covered in grime and burnt clothes inside their pack, with or without invitation.

Not only that, they could only ride the carriage to the Royal pack so Mark wouldn't be recognized easily.

After a soak in the lake, Raven wore her clothes and left her hair down. She filled Marcus on what had happened.

"That sounds hectic." He breathed out. Unlike Mark, Marcus was still processing that his senior was indeed the next-in-line to become the most powerful werewolf in existence.

"I know." She smirked as if proudly before Mark came out.

"This would have to suffice." He said and smoothed his tunic, a deep shade of green that contrasted with his brown hair.

Marcus rolled his eyes. "You never change, do you, brother?"

"As much as I would love to hear you bicker all day, we have to move." She said before Mark could speak.

The twins nodded and they rode the carriage to the Royal pack. Marcus had mumbled a few words to the guards at the boundaries and they were let in, heading towards the Castle where guests had already arrived.

Most of them are probably representatives from packs around the world, a pack is indeed troublesome to handle without their Alpha or Luna to lead them. Everyone would be on their guard for an ambush or attack.

With an invitation and the Imperial seal in hand, Mark and Raven were coming along with the plan, but did not have the leisure to relax especially when there were potential threats that would make them stray from their next motive.