Chapter 10

While challenges could result to being stripped away from one's title or vanished from the pack, Deathman's blush is the challenge that will only resolve to one killing the other.

They stood at the platform with determined stances.

"If Lord Manio were to lose this challenge, all of what he owns will belong to Alpha Duke James. It would be up to milord of whatever fate will be given to the family and wealth." Raven stated as the three of them watched the challenge unfold. "Alas, lord Manio is a cruel bastard to make such decision but I'm sure North-sail will be in good hands."

"What will happen if Alpha Duke James were to lose then?" Mary asked. "Wouldn't it be the same?"

"It's quiet a simple question." Raven replied. "He won't."

"Duke Manio is only a boastful bastard with an attitude. If it weren't for his daughter, he wouldn't even gain the title in the first place." Gabriel shook his head as if in disappointment then Raven spotted a familiar man.

"I have to settle something first." She informed Gabriel and Mary before making her way towards the viscount and his wife.

"Lord and Lady Roderick." Raven greeted.

"If it isn't Raven Flarring, how are you, dear? Quite the scene happening here, isn't it?" Lady Roderick pecked her cheek. She had auburn hair and tan skin, her brown eyes twinkling. Raven could see where Marcus and Mark got their looks after but their skin color matches that of Lord Roderick's light brown skin.

Although Raven hadn't been too close with the Roderick House, they had interacted in more than a few occasions, considering that Marcus is the second-in-command of Raven.

The House Roderick trusted Alpha Duke James as always, even if she had gained an authority over his son.

"How about we bet? Duke Manio will lose his head before dawn." Lord Roderick whispered as he looked briefly at the platform.

"I'm afraid he already lost his mind, don't you agree?" Raven mused as the duke in the challenge strike one punch after the other.

Lord and Lady Roderick let out a laugh and pinched Raven's cheek, making her wince. "This is why I love my little cupcake. Too bad I didn't get the chance to have a daughter like you."

"Don't scare the poor girl, Loren."

She gasped dramatically. "I would never!"

A loud crack was heard and they flinched at the noise to see that Duke Manio's jaw broke.

"That would leave a mark." Lady Roderick said as her face knitted in disgust.

"A nasty one, I presume." Lord Roderick replied then turned to Raven. "Say. How about you come over and have dinner with us tonight at seven so we could also celebrate your entitlement, that is, if you don't have other plans?"

"I would love to catch up." She said and they watched the battle between them with the Alpha Duke clearly having the upper-hand. The Rodericks had to leave for business and Raven went back to watch the show.

After hours, the battle ended and duke Manio died with a snap of his neck, the life draining from his eyes quickly, while Alpha Duke James only had a black eye and swollen cheek. Other than that, there weren't fatal wounds. He wasn't in the line of danger but looked exhausted.

"That went longer than I thought it would be." Gabriel said as he supported the weight of his father.

"Well, we are werewolves." Mary said and it actually made sense. It was dawn when they arrived at the pack house, it would only take time before they move in to Depth Castle.