In about ten minutes, we reached the gate. She further walked with me towards the cafe where Jay and his people were and then, to our surprise, we saw Drew talking to Jay. Exchanging confused glances, Vanessa and I stopped at a distance to listen to their conversation. Jay had a smug smile on his face while Drew glared at him with the stoniest expression, as white as death, the veins on his neck exposed.

"I've been fucking a lot of Lolas lately. Which Lola are you talking about?" Jay laughed at him and it made the hair on my back stand on ends.

He can't be serious.

Drew clenched his teeth and balled his fists. Stepping up to Jay and eyeing him chest to chest, he said, "I'm talking about the one you don't deserve. I'm talking about the one who's too good for you. Yeah?"

Jay laughed again. "Dude, whoever the hell she is, I'm sure she's amazing. But it's not like I give a damn. I've probably fucked her and I'm done with her now."

"Leave her alone."

"That won't exactly be a problem but, uh, I think I'll have to make sure I bang her first." The rest of his crowd snickered too and I stood speechless at the words I was hearing.

What a jerk.

Everyone was laughing, even Fabio, even Pascal. Only then did I realized all of them were aware of Jay's game and I was just there hanging out with them, naive and dumb. Drew thrust his palms forward to his chest and then fisted him on the side of his cheek. It must have hurt cause I saw Jay look up and thumb the side of his lip to see the blood that had oozed from the cut that Drew had managed to give with one blow. Yet he didn't fight back.

Pascal stepped forward, shoving Drew away from Jay. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Pascal, let him be," Jay said

Pascal turned and frowned at him.

"Just leave him alone."

However amazed he was at Jay's direction, he didn't question back nonetheless. He swallowed his anger and stepped back.

Drew turned to Jay. "I hope you get it. Stay away from her and go back to your slum."

"What'd ya say?" Pascal yanked at his shoulder and punched him straight into his face.

Drew lurched back and slumped to the ground. The rest of the people crowded around him. Terror spiked up to the top of my head, frightened that they would beat Drew to death, and I found myself racing towards him. Vanessa followed right behind me.

"Nobody touch him!" I heard Jay shout in a rigid tone of authority from the middle of the crowd, momentarily halting the people from advancing toward Drew.

I pushed through the people and reached Drew who was still fallen on the ground, staring up at the mob on top of him aghast and terrified. Fabio was blocking and shoving back the rest of the people from getting close to Drew while Jay stood on guard in front Drew to make sure no one lays hand on him. Then when I appeared at the scene, Jay's eyes zeroed in on me, shocked.

"Let's go, Drew." I went and helped him up to his feet.

With one sharp glance toward Jay to give him a message that I heard everything he'd said, I turned to leave. His lips remained shut tight as I walked off with Drew and Vanessa.

"Well, it's good I guess that we heard everything," Vanessa offered tactfully on the way.

"Yeah." I nodded but my stomach trembled inside and I wanted to break out crying. I constricted my throat and blocked it to contain my shaky breaths. I made it to the door without crying. Tears pooled my eyes but I blinked them all back. None of us spoke.

"Good night," Drew said, standing at our dorm entrance.

"Good night." I put my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, closing my eyes to block the tears from coming through but it didn't help. They managed to escape through my eyelids and trickled down my face to wet Drew's shirt.

"I should've listened to you. I'm sorry," I cried into his embrace.

"It's not your fault, Lola. He's just an asshole."

"Such a jerk."

"Forget about him. He's not worth it. I'll take you out for lunch tomorrow. Sleep tight."

"Okay. You're the best. I love you."

"I love you too."

Vanessa and I went back to our room but we didn't go straight inside. We decided to stop by at Carli's. In a dark room illuminated only by the glow of her phone screen, we found Carli sitting on her bed with a bottle to her chest.

"Hey, girls." She looked up at us with tired eyes, drowsy, and wet. She'd been crying.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I think Grayson's found another girl. He hasn't even called me up."

I went to her and climbed up on her bed to sit beside her.

"You know what, fuck boys, Carli. Fuck them."

"What happened to you?"

"Jay's a jerk. He only wants to sleep with me."

"Hmm." She shrugged and drank from her bottle.

"What's that?"

"Alcohol."

Twenty minutes later, Carli and I were both wasted. Steeled by our sheer anger toward the boys and the ache in our hearts, also stupidity, we drank to the very last drop. We sang heartbreak songs together and furiously cursed at them while Vanessa kept on reminding us to lower down our voices. I didn't think we listened to her.

Jay called me up.

"Oh my God. It's Jay. Guys, it's Jay," I told them, staring at my phone screen, almost crashing my forehead into it, my vision blur and unsteady.

"Don't answer it. Ignore it. He doesn't deserve you. You're a star, a diamond. He's a fucktard," Carli said, always the one with advice.

I answered the call.

"Lola," came his voice.

"Hello, Jay. Jay Ryder. You're a jerk! Screw you!" I said and hung up the phone.

"That's how you do it!" Carli hooted.

"You know what, he got me this phone," I said and, with a strong sense of anger, hurled it to the wall.

✴✴✴

Took too long to update but I hope it's worth the wait. Thank you so much for reading! ❤❤

Next two chapters on Inkitt (:

Love, Hermyne