Don't Tell: Chapter 2

Well, that wasn’t even a harsh tap on the shoulder. More like a tough nudge on the shoulder... with his pen. Ouch. I saw him signalling Farhana to call someone. Probably the discipline teacher, I guess.

“Assalamualaikum, shouldn’t you be at the assembly hall by now?” Firdaus said, glancing at his watch.

“Me? Yeah, I think so too. I should be in the assembly hall at this time, but not THAT assembly hall,” I snapped, feeling content when I saw him clenching his teeth. “This place, religious place, is not where I belong. Get it? I’m not going to follow the rules, and nobody’s going to force me, especially you, HEAD PREFECT.” My lips curved into a sneer, satisfied that I had let out my feeling of disgust towards him.

 Firdaus narrowed his eyes.

“Don’t make me.”

I stared at him, not believing what he said. He’s going to make me assemble, isn’t he? Is he kidding me?

I checked his face to see if he was joking but he looked cold and stony, I had to look away.

Just then, I caught a glimpse of a figure heading towards us. As my vision became clearer, I could tell he wasn’t just a person.

He was someone I knew so well, whom I had encountered with many times.  

The Mudir, Ustaz Ferhad.