Chapter 18 - The Power of Three

***

***

"Billions have, by natural happenings, evolved to want to make others do what they want or what pleases them, regardless of whether or not it's in their own free will. That right there is called power — making things happen in all estimations. This is hardly a bad thing though, thanks to the fact that it has led to many lives changing for the best. Nonetheless, it has ruined many as well, having turned their minds toward imperialism — in the workplace homes etc.

The question is, how? It's simply the bearing of the unbridled desire to change, to influence, getting obsessed with always being revered and..." Kukua paused as if to allow time between the scenery shift for Nia Afriyie in the other world.

And when the shift finally happened, Nia Afriyie found herself at the shore of a sea. It was night but the sky was devoid of any stars. It was as if nature was in agreement with what was going to happen that night. The sea was silent and the only movement coming from it was the waves that crawled gently to the shore every now and then. They would roll in, each of them as silent and slow but without fear of the beach as they enveloped Nia Afriyie's legs.

Up ahead, a group of about ten people had gathered. They were old and naked. They chanted some spells Nia Afriyie couldn't quite make sense of. She moved away from the shore when she saw them and walked towards them.

"Power is not meant for everyone." Kukua's voice filled the air again. "This simple theory has been proven to be true countless times by the DarkBloods. They overused their Magick when they felt it made them powerful and caused destruction for generations but the LightBlood race couldn't just pretend they weren't disturbed by the acts by their own kind. Hence, the creation of the trinity of the chosen Light Bloods. The power of the chosen three..." She paused.

Nia Afriyie got closer to the group, ignoring the fact that she was staring right at the butts of some old people. When she got closer, she saw they had gathered around a circle. It was big and was drawn with black ash or sand of some sort. A five-pointed-star had been drawn within the circle with the same black substance and on each pointed tip of the star, a candle sat. Each candle was red in colour and was firmly set in a calabash. The candlelight was unmoving. It was motionless like the air around that setting had been sucked into a glass jar or something. Seeing that, it made sense to Nia Afriyie why the waves from the sea were non-violent. Through whatever means, the wind had been tamed for the ritual that was to happen.

"What you see is the counsel of LightBloods formed by the oldest living LightBloods of the nineteenth century. After several centuries of having to sit and watch the DarkBloods cause havoc, this counsel took it upon themselves to bring an end to the DarkBloods by creating a bond between three LightBloods whose Magick, when combined, were more powerful than the average LightBlood."

"Huh?" Nia Afriyie asked as confusion overtook her figure.

"Yes, that was necessary. The DarkBloods got more powerful with time thanks to their Dark Magick, the average LightBlood was no match to them.