Chapter 15 - Let There Be Fire

***

***

In front of her, on the new land Nia Afriyie found herself, a group of human-like creatures with human body proportions — considerably elongated legs and short arms — walked past her. They stood up to five-foot-eleven in an upright posture. They had a bulging brow ridge, large face and no chin, very dark body colour accompanied by long black messy hair which appeared to have never been trimmed.

It seemed they could not see her nor feel her presence. They moved together and gathered around something Nia Afriyie couldn't quite see from where she was standing.

"What you are seeing is the day our ancestors brought fire to the world."

Nia Afriyie moved closer to them. There were two of them in the middle of the circle they had formed. These two had cupped their palms with one over another, making a hole that pointed sideways. They moved in a rehearsed movement, making gestures while the ones around them watched. After a few seconds of repeatedly moving and gesturing in that fashion, the sky suddenly went murky as dark clouds formed up above in the sky. A bolt of quick lightning flashed across the sky literally ripping it in parts before the loud explosion of the thunder exploded, adding a touch of drama to the whole scene.

Channelling the power of the thunder strikes onto some tree logs packed in the middle of the circle they had made, the fire sparked. The flames, a ball of orange and yellow, licked the logs with fury; it roared upward eating its way through the logs at its base.

"Isn't it beautiful? The power that we possess? To bring something as beautiful into existence..." Kukua asked, a tint of excitement in her voice.

There was something thrilling and mystical about the flame that jigged and flickered, moved and swivelled with the unseen currents in the air. It moved to and fro as directed by the wind.

The human-like creatures stepped backwards, slowly as the flames became bigger.

Nia Afriyie didn't move. With her eyes fully open, she watched every move of these creatures and took in every moment.

After they were a few steps away from the fire, they all bent in awe of the great new beast. They stared directly into the fire, the orbs of flames, each flickering orange flame, showing on their pupils.

One of them, out of curiosity, walked closer to the fire and tried to touch it but failed. The heat from the fire was one they had never seen before. After a few minutes of burning, the vicious flames of the fire died down leaving in its place, the glimmering embers, shrouded in ash.

"So, the first LightBloods used their Magick to create fire for the first human species. This allowed them all to stay warm in colder temperatures, cook their foods and scare wild animals that would otherwise take their foods or harm them. This new discovery was what kept the oldest ancestors of the human race and our kind alive in the harshest environments of early life on Earth.

That was the first time the true power of fire was experienced. That was when the first meaning fire as known by humans and our kind, was made. Fire cleanses, heals, and purifies. Fire gives life."

Kukua's voice echoed in her ears and for whatever reason, Nia Afriyie smiled. She felt good to have witnessed such an important moment in history. Even more pleasing was the fact that some sort of non-human race she was a part of, made that possible. How she wished she knew that earlier when she was young. Those kids that bullied her wouldn't have dared!

"...and that was how our kind came to be," Kukua continued, interrupting her thoughts. "For sometime after that, they lived together with the normal humans — RedBloods as we call them now. More LightBloods with different abilities were discovered thereafter.

But...something happened..."

Just as Nia Afriyie stood there, the fire scene suddenly altered to a somewhat chaotic scene.

The clacking sounds of thousands of pear-shaped hand axes being crashed against each other roared in the atmosphere. They were very frightening. Two groups of the homo Erectus battled against each other — It appeared. Their eyes were all bloodshot as they kindled with hatred for each other.

Nia Afriyie's figure was transformed with terror as she watched blood splash across the sky and drizzle to the surface of the earth. Huge numbers of the homo Erectus fell to their knees, dropping dead, drenched in blood; a skull crushed in or an arm cut off.

At that instance, she wished she could do something to stop them but she was useless. There was nothing she could do. All she could do was watch.

"What is happening?" She asked, almost to herself but also hoping Kukua could hear her from the real world just as she could hear her.

"That is the first sign of the 'fallen' LightBloods." Kukua's voice returned. Nia Afriyie let out a sigh of relief while it dawned on her that she could communicate with Kukua from that timeline.

"The first human species were egalitarian by nature. They believed that all people are equal. They had no leader and lead no one. They shared together what they gathered and hunted together. They lived in perfect harmony. But all these were threatened when some LightBloods, due to the increased power of their Magick, thought themselves more powerful than the common homo Erectus. They harboured the idea of ruling them and being their masters. But the normal homo Erectus and some of the LightBloods who were against the abuse of the Magick by their own kind forces and fought against them."

The battle was now over. Nia Afriyie found herself standing in front of a pile of dead homo Erectus. The first scene in her transportation now became clearer and made more sense.

The eruption of an uproar behind her called her attention. She turned almost immediately to locate where they came from. It was one group of the homo Erectus chasing after the other.

"The LightBloods and homo Erectus won the battle and chased the fallen LightBloods out of their territories. Now because they were nomadic, moving away and finding their own territory wasn't a problem. They accepted their fate and moved away.

Nothing was heard of these DarkBloods again...until 6000 BC in Ancient Egypt.

Life had moved on and evolution had happened...over and over again but it turned out their Light which was corrupted and turned Dark some centuries ago in Kooni Fora never returned.

Evil still dwelled in them and the human race was yet to witness it.

Woe to the human race."

***

Chapter edited by RubaiaMQ and JellyJam_s

***