"Where's he headed?" Roshi wondered. Suddenly the dragon balls on the screen stopped. "Thank goodness he's staying on Earth."

"Yeah," Goku agreed.

Krillin put on a brave face, "we may even have a chance of winning. Not much of a chance but still..."

"Better to die feelin optimistic," Roshi said.

A sudden voice from behind them said, "you haven't a chance."

They turned around to see Piccolo. All but Goku had a shocked look on their face at seeing their former enemy.

"What're you doin here?" Goku asked.

"I want him," Piccolo answered.

"So you two know each other?" Goku raised a brow. "Figures."

"We've met," Piccolo said. "And you three don't stand a chance. Put your hopes in me or not at all." Goku continued to stare at Piccolo. "You know his strength surpasses us both," he said. "Alone we are outmatched, however if we work together then our powers might be enough."

"Maybe," Goku replied. "Mind tellin me what's in it for you?"

"You know I don't like you and it doesn't matter to me if your children live or die," Piccolo said. "But I've got plans for this world and I won't allow anyone to interfere. The moment we defeat the saiyan I'll turn my powers against you, Son Goku, and the world will be mine."

"You're welcome to try," Goku said with a slight smirk. "I intend to play along until my boy and girl are safe. After that all bets are off."

"So be it," Piccolo said. "I only hope I can contain my nausea at the thought of working with you."

Goku snorted and grabbed the radar from Bulma. As he climbed onto Nimbus he said, "hey Piccolo, think you can keep up with my cloud."

"Spare me," Piccolo said as he floated up. "The speed of my flight will speak for itself."

With that the unlikely pair took off to save Goku's children and to stop Raditz.

Krillin looked up after them, "are we supposed to be happy about this?"

"I dunno about happy," Roshi said. "But if those two join forces then they may win."

When Raditz landed outside his pod he set Gohan, who was still crying, and Mae, who was unconscious, on the ground. As he opened the pod he glared at Gohan. "Stop your crying. You have the blood of saiyans in your veins." He grabbed the two and tossed them on the pod. "Wait in there." As he climbed out of the crater he said to himself, "at least the girl seems to have more saiyan in her."

Suddenly Raditz's scouter began to beep. He pressed the button on the side with a curious look. "Strange. A reading of 710?" He looked to see that the reading was coming from the pod. "The boy? It must be a malfunction."

As Goku and Piccolo began to near, Goku said, "we better go lower."

"It makes no difference," Piccolo said. "He has a device that shows an opponents position and power."

"Then he knows?" Goku asked, surprised.

"That we are coming? Yes," Piccolo nodded.

Goku turned his attention ahead and narrowed his eyes. "In that case we got nothin to do but hit him head on."

Raditz's device began to beep once again. "Another reading? One, no two powers, 322 and 334. One has Kakarot's power level exactly. Would he dare challenge me again knowing he has no hope? And how would he find me? This damn device, I'd be better off without it."

As Raditz went to remove the device from his ear he suddenly saw two people, Goku and Piccolo. In his surprise he wondered if the scope was broken. He turned his head back to the pod. 'For a child, even one of a saiyan, to have a power of 710...if the boy's power is that high, is the girl the same?' Raditz wondered. He turned his head to see the newcomers land.

"I see you've found a common cause," Raditz said as he crossed his arms. "How'd you find me?"

"We just did, that's all," Goku glared.

"Fine," Raditz shrugged. "Let's try this then, why did you want to find me?"

"Why do you think?" Goku scoffed. "To take back my son and daughter!"

"Then you still refuse to affirm your saiyan birth and join us?" Raditz raised a brow.

"Give me back my kids," Goku growled.

"Even if it means disobeying your brother?" Raditz asked.

"I don't have a brother!" Goku yelled.

Raditz shook his head, disappointed. "Really Kakarot, I expected better from you. How can a saiyan be such a fool? Surely you don't imagine the two of you together can beat me?"

"Raditz you talk too much," Piccolo said as he removed his armor and turban.

"You're wearing weighted clothing?" Goku asked him.

"As are you," Piccolo remarked. "I haven't felt so light in a long while."

Raditz was surprised at the new reading. "What? His power jumped to 408?"

Goku removed his boots and undershirt, leaving just his orange gi. "Looks like we both have been training hard. I'm glad that this time you're on my side. This is gonna be a fight!"

"Kakarot is up to 416," Raditz commented. He looked at the pair and laughed. "You think it'll make a difference? Add hundreds more degrees to you both and you'll still be no match!"

"If you think power is everything then you're no fighter," Goku replied.

Raditz shook his head, "youth I might forgive, but idiocy has no place on a saiyan mission. Kakarot, you are a shame to our race! You will die!"

Goku and Piccolo both brought their hands up to defend. Raditz sprung forward, flying straight for them. However before he hit, he appeared behind both Piccolo and Goku, elbowing them in the back. The two fighters hit the ground but quickly recovered.

'I can't believe how fast he is,' Goku thought to himself.

He charged from the front but his blows hit from behind,' Piccolo thought, slightly shaken.

"Well your defenses aren't bad," Raditz said. "That'll keep you alive for a few more minutes as I increase the power of my attacks." He looked at the shocked looks the other fighters had and added, "one more thing. Should you still hope to win, the other two saiyans, my partners, are both my superior in strength."

Both Goku and Piccolo's eyes widened in shock and horror.