Chapter Eight: Trish💚

The BMW slowly pulls up to the apartment complex. The car stops and the doors unlock.

Roxy: Thank you mommy. See you later, love you.😙
She kisses her on the cheek and wraps her arms around her neck, giving her a warm hug.

Roxy's Mama: Love you too sweetie.

Y/N: Thank you again Mrs.Velásquez, take care.

Roxy's Mama: You too dear.

We got out of the car and stepped onto the colorless pavement, and with each breathe that was taken, my stride became more and more hasty. I had suddenly become overwhelmed with the feeling of uncertainty.

(Knock, knock, knock, knock.)

The feeling had soon giving way to numbness. The only thing that gave me some form of relief and comfort ...was seeing his face.

Terrell: Boo!

He loudly said while sticking his head outside of the apartment's window.

Roxy: Stop it! You scared me!😠

He laughed and mischievously smiled at her response.

Roxy: Just open the fucking door Terrell.

He then closes the window shut and opens the door.

Terrell: Sup ladies, so what brings you here today?

Y/N: We owe you no explanation, and why do you act as if you live here now?

Roxy: Yeah, you seem to be getting a little too comfortable. You're starting to scare people and shit.

Terrell: That's because I particularly do. You know I come here almost everyday.

Roxy: Yeah whatever, move out of the way please.

She pushes him out of her path, leaving us at the door way. She goes and greet Charlie.

Terrell: She's feistier then usual 😅 haha.

Y/N: You'll survive her extra aggression.

Terrell: Oh I hope so 😩.

He dramatically says as he holds his hands over his heart. I let out a small laugh at his actions and brightly smile.

Terrell: You know, you have a very beautiful smile Y/N.

Y/N: Why thank you 😊. Now if you'd excuse me, Querencia is calling for me.

I walk past him and meet up with Charlie and Roxy. I could feel his eyes following my movements as though he were in a trance, perplexed by it perhaps. Every now and then, I'd look back just to see him quickly turn his head away. So I quietly think to myself, hmm.

Terrell closes the door behind him as the three of us start striking up a conversation. He joins us for a brief moment, but eventually it was time to have a talk with Roxy.

I was distracted for a moment, but all the previous feelings washed over me once more when the conversation had ended. I couldn't shake the feeling of something being off, but I tried my best to ignore it.

We soon grabbed our things and dashed towards the fort. The sky was white and the wind blew gently. Everything was so quiet and still, it was as if time froze just for us.

Roxy & Y/N: ...We need to talk.

Roxy: Oh, you go first sweetie.

I shake my head no.