Chapter Two: Chick-fil-A📗

Previously: ( Roxy: Excuse me, hello 👋 . Me and my friend here are new and we'd really appreciate it if you'd help us find our classroom. We're sort of lost. )

I gulped and had my eyes set on the floor, to afraid to speak or move. His gaze was now on me and I could tell he knew how nervous I was. Every few seconds I'd take a quick glance at the group and he'd still be staring. It felt like forever, but he eventually answered.

???: Sure. You guys are freshman right?

Roxy: Yeah, and we need to find the history hallway. Why don't they have signs saying which hallway is which?

???: I have no fuckin idea. But luckily for you guys, I'm heading the same way. ( He gives us a non mischievous smirk. )

He dapped his friends goodbye and told us to follow.

As we walked I couldn't help but notice how huge the school was, it looked nothing like middle school. Everything was more open, more spacious. It surprisingly seemed like I had more room to just be.

(Maybe High school won't be as bad as I thought.)

???: What's your teachers name?

Roxy: We don't remember. All we know is that it's a he.

???: Y'all in AP history?

Roxy: Hell naw! Shit I barley passed middle school. The fuck I look like joining an AP class 😂 .

I chuckled at the thought of taking an AP course. I'd probably be stuck here till I was twenty or maybe even worse, drop out entirely.

???: Alright 😅 .

He chuckled too.

???: Y'all gotta be in Mr. Johnson's class then. It's  next to mine so just keep following. It's right over there. 👈

He points to a classroom door.

Roxy: Thank you so much. Um, I didn't catch your name.

Terrell: Terrell. And you and yours?

I lift my head up to get a better view of his face.

Roxy: I'm Roxy.

Y/N: Hi, I'm Y/N.👋

He sticks his hand out for a shake.

(Of course Roxy shakes it with her usual confidence, but I was hesitant. I'm typically shy around strangers, but never to this degree. Why does he make me so nervous?)

I shook his hand and questioned how they felt just as soft as it did rough.

Roxy: Terrell... cute name. Anyways thanks again.

Terrell: No problem. Good luck on your first day.

She told him thanks and went to class.

As I was going, I stopped at the door way. Something told me this wouldn't be last I saw of him, so I curiously stared.

Y/N: Bye 👋 .

Terrell: Bye. (He warmly smiled.)

"Ding ding ding", the bell loudly ringed and class was now in session.

(Periods dragged on and on. Only a few hours in and I'm already done with this shit. I guess It's official then, I'm skipping today. The only somewhat enjoyable class was chorus.)

At lunch I met up with Roxy near a vending machine.

Y/N: You ready?

Roxy: Hell yeah! The teachers are trash. Most of them had annoying ass kids too. Man 😒, class clowns are so overrated.